Is Sega Saturn backwords compatible

I just got a Sega Saturn (from Ebay), and i noticed that it had a cartridge slot, and this made me think that the Sega Saturn could play Genesis games. Can it play Genesis games?

i looked up on the internet and it said that it cant but ppl thought it cud wen they first saw pics of it but no it isnt

that back cartridge slot was for the extra ram pack they was developed for the system....dont know if many (if any) games supported it though, or was it for extra memory i'm not sure but someone can correct me.

But, as stated before you can't play genesis games on it the closest thing you will get is to play sonic jam

its is a ram extention needed for alomost all of the awsome fighting games made by capcom for the system, and it will alow you to play imports as well or go online and play ppl but thats probly not an active system anymore

That reminds me...that cartridge slot was also for the Netlink modem. So yeah you could go online witth it. But, it was no xboxlive or anything like that lol.

incorect sega genisis was the first system with online play it had a dial up modem it was only in japan and yes the saturn was online it was also the first system with analog and an internal hard drive, true it was know xbox live but it was what seven or eight years before the old box?

I remember the X-band modem for the genesis and the snes I never would have known that sega had another modem that wasn't released here.......but I'm not surprised.

omg yes cd, cdx, 32x, that jukebox thingy.......dual exhaust. And last but not least an observation deck and for a limited time a piece of the deathstar.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod