I'm really excited about Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

Diabolus

Rookie
Preordered it already. It's for PS3 and 360, and it plays in 720p. 40+ games!

Here's the list so far, from the website.

THE LARGEST SEGA GENESIS COLLECTION TO DATE!

Take a trip back in time with over 40 titles from the SEGA Genesisâ„¢ era, including your Sonic The Hedgehog favorites, for only $29.95! In classic single-player and multiplayer battles, you’ll take down a huge variety of enemies, including Sonic’s nemesis Dr. Eggman (AKA Dr. Robotnik), shuriken-flinging ninjas, hordes of altered beasts and the world’s greatest fighting champions.

FEATURES:

• THE LARGEST COLLECTION OF CLASSIC SEGA TITLES. All the favorites are here including Sonic The Hedgehog, titles from the Phantasy Starâ„¢ series, as well as three titles from the Streets of Rageâ„¢ series, to name a few.

• UNLOCKABLE CONTENT. Unlock arcade games and interviews with the original game developers as you earn Achievements on the Xbox 360® and Trophies on the PLAYSTATION®3.

• ALL TITLES UPGRADED TO HI-DEF. The classic 2D style never looked so good! Each of the titles has been converted to hi-def (720p) and will be a blast to play using the intuitive controls of the Xbox 360® and PLAYSTATION®3 systems.

• MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER OPTIONS. Play these classics together with a friend from the same console at home.

GAMES INCLUDE:

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Alien Storm
Altered Beast
Beyond Oasis
Bonanza Bros.
Columns
Comix Zone
Decap Attack starring Chuck D. Head
Dr. Robotnik's MBM
Dynamite Headdy
Ecco the Dolphin
Ecco II: The Tides of Time
E-SWAT
Fatal Labyrinth
Flicky
Gain Ground
Golden Axe I
Golden Axe II
Golden Axe III
Kid Chameleon
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
Ristar
Shining in the Darkness
Shining Force
Shining Force 2
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic and Knuckles
Sonic Spinball
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage 3
Super Thunder Blade
Vectorman
Vectorman 2

*Unlockable games to be revealed soon!

http://www.sega.com/games/?g=577

Beyond Oasis? Sign me up!
Where be Landstalker, Eternal Champions and M.U.S.H.A?
And if I had a PS3 or 360, I would definitely Pre-Order it.

HK-47 said:
Beyond Oasis? Sign me up!
Where be Landstalker, Eternal Champions and M.U.S.H.A?
And if I had a PS3 or 360, I would definitely Pre-Order it.

I feel your pain. I'm kinda miffed that there's no Mystic Defender or Revenge of Shinobi, Last Battle, Shadow Dancer, etc. I can only hope that this volume sells prettly good, so that more volumes will be released.

And, hope beyond hope, I would shoot ****ing loads if Earthworm Jim and it's sequel were included. They weren't Sega games, of course, but the company no longer exists. Someone, somewhere, make it happen. :D

I already have the old Sonic collection for the Xbox, but that list is too sweet to pass up. Good price, too!

mhe i have most of those games for genesis anyways, plus a few that arent on there but maybe ill pick it up used a few months after its release

There are some games that have no right to be in that collection (Flicky, Columns, Sonic 3D Blast, mainly).
And I just realized the lack of Gunstar Heroes and Contra!

HK-47 said:
There are some games that have no right to be in that collection (Flicky, Columns, Sonic 3D Blast, mainly).
And I just realized the lack of Gunstar Heroes and Contra!

I guess they can't put non-Sega games on it. Which sucks. A true ultimate collection would include all the great third party titles as well. :(

Definitely a shame, it would have made the collection even better than it is now.
Still can't get over some of the rare titles in there.

Guys, note the *unlockable games coming soon* thing below the list.. there are probably other games that come as you play through, so don't get your knickers in a twist if they don't have the game you're looking for.. at least not yet.

used44 said:
Anyone grab this yet? How is it, Diabolus?

It's pretty cool. I played some games I never had, like Beyond Oasis and Sonic 3D blast. By hitting select(or back on 360, presumably)after starting one of the games, you can change the picture to widescreen and turn on a smoothing filter, which smooths out the pixels.

I can see myself spending a lot of time with this. Pretty great collection, especially for the price($30).

does it offer online co op with some of the games? i would like to play some 4 player streets of rage with everyone on gr, i have a collection like this for my dc and if i remeber correcty you could play streets of rage online, and offline with 4 players

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle