I'm pitching a tent

danielrbischoff said:
My wish is for two bears.

Also, they won't eat you... they'll just pick you up and take you away.
Xshdm.jpg

Jesus christ am I burnt

We ended up packing up a bit early because of how shit the weather turned, pretty much flash flooded our campsite, but was still pretty awesome none the less.

There was even a bear, Dan almost got his wish, but the bear stayed on it's own small island, but still made us too paranoid to sleep comfortably

MattAY said:
A bear?! I'm pretty sure my pants would be full of s***.

They're more scared of humans than humans are of bears, it's only if you stumble on one that's eating/looking to eat or one that has her cubs

When I did a summer placement for the goverment parks and recreation group, we'd have to deal with bears that got to close to campsites or dumpsters, the bear blaster was fucking awesome, it was like a sonic boom grenade launcher, we'd use it on them when they ran up trees to get away from humans, it'd knock them down and they'd scamper off

If it was a grizzly however, I'd of packed my shit up and left

Yeah, basically you have to say...no food in the tents...in fact, all food over here and all sleeping areas over there.

We spotted some bears nearby on my week long with the Scouts last year. They were all freaked out. I told them the above response only to have them all talk about all the food in their tent and the crumbs...pretty sure they slept very little that night.

I want a Guile Gun.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Yeah, basically you have to say...no food in the tents...in fact, all food over here and all sleeping areas over there.

We spotted some bears nearby on my week long with the Scouts last year. They were all freaked out. I told them the above response only to have them all talk about all the food in their tent and the crumbs...pretty sure they slept very little that night.

I want a Guile Gun.

Yeah, we hung or food in a tree that was a good 10 minute walk from our tent, in the morning we'd grab it and bring it closer, but still a ways away from the sleeping area. A raccoon did get open up our cooler though, nothing for him to take in there seeing as he wasn't interested in the booze

I'd have an alcoholic raccoon as a chill buddy, it'd be pretty badass actually

My back looks like a civl war wound, it's blistered to shit, I tried to take a pic to show how shit it is, but moving my arms to position for the pic hurts like a bitch

On top of the sunburn are the horseflie bites, so I itch all day, and if I scratch its like rubbing sandpaper on the sunburn

https://maps.google.ca/maps?client=safa ... CBoQ8gEwAA

that's where we were, we had to launch the canoes from just south of calf island, because everywhere else is privatley owned, we than went eat past the penisula, than all the way north to the cove, and about an hour trek inward to the isolated lake was our campsite, the first night we just crashed on the shore and set up tents there, that's where we seen the bear

danielrbischoff said:
That looks like a pretty dope camping lake.

was pretty badass, the lake that was inland was crystal clear and full of fish, we caught a couple of 3 pound bass for dinner, almost had a lake trout on eels lake but it ran off with my friends expensive lure, nature 1, $30 lure 0

Aw so cool. I wana go to picnic island haha

Hey there's devil island and angels isle right next to each other :p

That's smart hanging food up a while aways. I've never been camping where bears live. Seen videos of them breaking car windows, or going into tents to get food so was wondering :S eeek I would still be scared they would just attack ur tent in the middle of the night haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle