I'm pitching a tent

Icepick

Rookie
No, not because of the womens volleyball. Camping mother fuckers. I'm off this weekend for a 4 day excursion to the Canadian wilderness. Anyone else here camp? I'm talking proper camping, not this "pull up with a trailer and sit around" BS, I'm talking portaging in a few lakes and going to the centre of nowhere.

I went camping like every single fucking weekend when I was younger. If it wasn't for Boy Scouts then it was with my family and our ski boat doing shore camping in the middle of the lake.

Needless to say I hate camping now.

I've always liked the idea of camping, but only ever done the sitting around stuff. That was pretty damn good though, my diet that weekend consisted of beer, sausages and bacon.
There's something about sleeping in a tent that seems so damn cosy to me - dont know why.

So do you plan your route and tent pitches before you go? Or do you just set-up when you see a good spot on the fly?

MattAY said:
I've always liked the idea of camping, but only ever done the sitting around stuff. That was pretty damn good though, my diet that weekend consisted of beer, sausages and bacon.
There's something about sleeping in a tent that seems so damn cosy to me - dont know why.

So do you plan your route and tent pitches before you go? Or do you just set-up when you see a good spot on the fly?

We have a general idea of where we want to go, it's a series of lakes in essentially a canyon, split by some masses of land.

The first two lakes on the trip are populated by cottagers and people with kids so we pass those without thinking twice, the further in you go, the less likely there's going to be annoying children or drunken dipshits. we cruise up the river, and along the 4th lake to find a suitable spot. It's semi planned.

proper camping = going with nothing but some matches, a canoe, and a fishing pole

No matches if you're a real badass outdoorsman, i've never successfully made a fire sans match/lighter though

AND of course you have to have beer..

that said, your type of camping is great too, as is pulling up a trailer to a camp site. depends on the mood and the level of adventure desired I suppose.

intoTheRain said:
proper camping = going with nothing but some matches, a canoe, and a fishing pole

No matches if you're a real badass outdoorsman, i've never successfully made a fire sans match/lighter though

AND of course you have to have beer..

that said, your type of camping is great too, as is pulling up a trailer to a camp site. depends on the mood and the level of adventure desired I suppose.

The fine for fishing without a license is pretty severe, and the price of a fishing license doesn't make a one time a year usage worth while

Camping is awesome, it's nice to give your eyes a break from technology once in awhile.

The only thing I hate are the mosquito's which is why I go in late August. Mid July is the worst. It's as if the Mosquito's have taken over and declared mosquito law.

I will be camping.... in Munich at Oktoberfest!! ;) it's gona be freezing! :D

You're camping sounds lovely though, have a great time

I'm a forestry student, and I love camping. I only go like 4 times a year, but I go hiking, rock-hopping alot in daytime. It can get boring honestly, and I love the woods. Always nice with a group, and lots of alcohol and weed ;)

I don't go camping to sit around in a same spot for a week, but I like hiking and on long hiking trips where there's a new campsite everyday. I usually stay away from mapped hiking trails and just plan my own routes.

My enthusiasm has gotten a little out of hand lately and it has turned more into surviving than camping, but nothing beats the feel after you get home from that kind of a trip.

Well I'm off, well not really, first an extensive liquor run, then we'll be leaving. Looks to piss down rain all day tomorrow though which will make for a shitty portage

Perhaps some of you will get your wish and I'll be eaten by a bear.

Have fun, man. Be safe.

I'm jealous. It's raining super bad here though, so no thanks, camping.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod