IGN have delivered a verdict on Mass effect 2

Longo_2_guns said:
Kijan said:
Longo_2_guns said:
It looks pretty good. The one thing making me hesitant is that they removed 90% of the RPG part of this game, essentially making it a shooter where they talk a lot.

I'll have to ask about this ... which RPG elements have they removed? Now I'm afraid ... besides of being totally psyched. :(
Weapon upgrades have been removed, and everything else has been simplified. And considering it was pretty simple to begin with, there isn't much left at all.

As long as the dialog options are there, it is still an RPG 100%.

Well brokering deals is always shady, but tbh my integrity would get weak knees If bioware asked me for a pre-emptive 10/10. Id probably give it to them....Their games have been the best experiences I've had playing video games. It's a pretty slim chance from the preview stuff that mass effect's score will be any lower than what IGN gave it. In fact, if you average the component scores, you get 9.8.

I cant wait! Just got the OST. Sounding predictably great.

Duke_Ferris said:
arg. this always drives me crazy. ign got to post early precisely because they gave it a 9.6.

don't get me wrong. it's a good game, but getting the early embargo is a mutual jackoff. we've been offered exclusive 1st reviews several times, as long as we guarantee a #.#. look for our review on launch day (and again, don't take this as a dig against ME2, we just never guarantee our grades in advance)

Business is business as Wrex would say. ^^

Duke_Ferris said:
arg. this always drives me crazy. ign got to post early precisely because they gave it a 9.6.

don't get me wrong. it's a good game, but getting the early embargo is a mutual jackoff. we've been offered exclusive 1st reviews several times, as long as we guarantee a #.#. look for our review on launch day (and again, don't take this as a dig against ME2, we just never guarantee our grades in advance)
Grr... God darn review embargo! Where's Sheppard when you need him to punch an Ign reviewers!

But you know what, this time, I'll imitate BigZell and wait till gr reviews mass effect 2 first before buying it. Just this time.

Don't drop on us duke!

Longo2Guns said:
Weapon upgrades have been removed, and everything else has been simplified. And considering it was pretty simple to begin with, there isn't much left at all.

Fine by me. While it makes it a little more simple I found the vast number of weapons upgrades to be extremely irritating. 3/4 of them I never even used, even on the hardcore difficulty and they seemed to drop off of every mob. It made having money and omni-gel extremely easy....When it wasn't taking up too much inventory space.

What about armour upgrades though? Are they still in there?

^Yeah, i for one couldnt care less. Would being unable to fiddle about with some text based options cheapen the jaw-dropping moment when Sovereign sailed into the citadel? I think not.

So it's all installed on my PC...Just need to wait till tomorrow...Too bad I have class like all day tomorrow :(

Duke_Ferris said:

That is pretty bad how they have to guarantee numbers.

Oh well, when y'all's review is up, mine will be in 1-2 weeks. lol

So, i've just started playing this on PC..
Already regretting not having a save file from ME1.

Thus i'm gonna get this on the 360 when it's released, or grab ME1 on the PC to do a quick playthrough with my normal...'settings', i suppose you would call them.

[EDIT]
http://www.annakie.com/me/home.htm

Place for your ME1 save games on PC.
You're welcome.

Anyone heard 'Suicide Mission' off the OST yet? What a powerful piece of music! Could stand shoulder to shoulder with anything great in a hollywood blockbuster.

I will be getting the OST since I ordered the Deluxe Digital Edition off Steam, but I'm not really sure when I get it...It should be pretty epic though.

I'm not sure if any of you read Destructoid at all, but they gave it a 10/10 and their reviews are usually along the line of GR reviews.

I preordered a Collectors Edition and should be getting it soon. :) But as far as I can tell for the graphics from some of the gameplay videos ... they seem a lot smoother than in the first game.

I mean ... there would be quite a lot of stuttering if you'd move fast in some areas. Especially in the Citadel or in some tunnel/warehouse crawled with enemies. :)

^If the "MOAR ACTION!" theme of their commercials is correct, I think you'll be in a helluva lot of stuttery corridors stuffed with enemies.

keepithowitis said:
^If the "MOAR ACTION!" theme of their commercials is correct, I think you'll be in a helluva lot of stuttery corridors stuffed with enemies.

I don't know ... as much as I have seen, it seems quite smooth. 'Quite' being the relative word here. :p

So what is everyone rolling? I played a vanguard in 1 but am thinking about running an infiltrator .. Sniper rifles and invisibility? Yes plz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod