IGN have delivered a verdict on Mass effect 2

malakian

Rookie
Given it a 9.6. Predictably, might I add!

How psyched is everyone? I am TOTALLY psyched.

SPOILER (OF A VERY MILD & UN-MAIN QUEST-RELATED NATURE):

I liked the bit in the video review where Shepard punches the female news reporter. Socks her right in the head when she asks to interview him! Nice to see some jerk choices are also funny.

Yup! She goes 'Shepard? I intervewed you two years ago...' and he just walks up and smacks her. FOR OLD TIMES SAKE.

It looks pretty good. The one thing making me hesitant is that they removed 90% of the RPG part of this game, essentially making it a shooter where they talk a lot.

So, is there any benefit to getting this on PC? Otherwise I'm going to buy my first Xbox game in nearly a year.. well, I'm buying ME2 either way, but does the platform matter at all in this installment?

Well, if you want your end game save from the first Mass Effect to carry over...I'd get the 360 version. Apparently it will have a decent impact. Graphics wise it won't make much of a difference.

keepithowitis said:
So, is there any benefit to getting this on PC? Otherwise I'm going to buy my first Xbox game in nearly a year.. well, I'm buying ME2 either way, but does the platform matter at all in this installment?

I'm feeling the same way about it. I played Mass Effect a lot on my 360, but I'm slowly morphing to more of a PC Gamer, so I'd like to play ME2 on the PC. But at that point I can't use my save file, which'll probably be the only reason that makes me go get it on the 360.

Decisions. :x

I can really say that I prefer a controller now, 'cause all of this Mickey-Keyboard-Mouse-ing around drains all the blood from my hands and they get all cold and shaky.

Haha...shaky. That looks funny.

TheDiesel said:
I'm feeling the same way about it. I played Mass Effect a lot on my 360, but I'm slowly morphing to more of a PC Gamer, so I'd like to play ME2 on the PC. But at that point I can't use my save file, which'll probably be the only reason that makes me go get it on the 360.

Decisions. :x
Same.

Fuck.

The real problem?
How many mods are going to come out for ME2.
Look at how well Dragon Age is getting modded..

madster111 said:
The real problem?

That's a good point. Wrgh, only 3 days to figure this out. ><

madster111 said:
The real problem?

Well, so far, we got the best mods for mass effect 1on PC: The naked Liara and Ashley mods!

I think I've decided that I'm going to get it on the PC...I would get the 360 version, but I have a different profile than my original ME save that I had, so I'd be starting over anyways. Also my roommate is getting it for the 360 so I'll be able to steal his copy for my sweet sweet achievements.

Longo_2_guns said:
It looks pretty good. The one thing making me hesitant is that they removed 90% of the RPG part of this game, essentially making it a shooter where they talk a lot.

I'll have to ask about this ... which RPG elements have they removed? Now I'm afraid ... besides of being totally psyched. :(

Kijan said:
Longo_2_guns said:

I'll have to ask about this ... which RPG elements have they removed? Now I'm afraid ... besides of being totally psyched. :(
Weapon upgrades have been removed, and everything else has been simplified. And considering it was pretty simple to begin with, there isn't much left at all.

Longo_2_guns said:
Kijan said:
Longo_2_guns said:

Weapon upgrades have been removed, and everything else has been simplified. And considering it was pretty simple to begin with, there isn't much left at all.

Really? ... makes me a sad panda. :(

Sometimes they tend to OVER - simplify things. I mean? How hard was it to customize the weapon a bit? Like two clicks? :p

Kijan said:
I mean? How hard was it to customize the weapon a bit? Like two clicks? :p
A complete fucking nightmare with the multiple types, then multiple levels. All with roman numerals, so they were hard as shit to see.
Then additions like acid ammo and various other bullshit.

It got to the point when i would spend literally 15 minutes in the weapon upgrade screen.

Longo, i hope you're wrong. Hopefully they've just cut down the upgrade options..
If not, they're fucking dickheads and i won't be buying it.

arg. this always drives me crazy. ign got to post early precisely because they gave it a 9.6.

don't get me wrong. it's a good game, but getting the early embargo is a mutual jackoff. we've been offered exclusive 1st reviews several times, as long as we guarantee a #.#. look for our review on launch day (and again, don't take this as a dig against ME2, we just never guarantee our grades in advance)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PandaMaster011