"If I wasn't working at GR, I'd be..."

Hawk_one said:
I'm still trying to get into GR as the "European games" reviewer. Can I get back to you once I land that position?

No S*** im trying to get my foot in the door....

seriously, whats the process? Position? Job Description? Who do i have to bang, blow, or behead?
PM me PPLLLEEEEAASSSEEEE!!!!

Before GR I was working as a picture framer who played music at night.
Now I'm an assistant editor that plays music at night.
For over a decade I had numerous retail style jobs, all that were soul crushing.
So it's safe to assume I would've ended up making degraded furry pr0n for crack if I had stayed in retail.

joeblow said:
Being the masterful programmer I am, if I wasn't at GR I would have probably have started the next interweb craze by now, I would command a vast army of highly adaptive robots that would have brought peace and harmony to the universe and money would rain from the sky.

Yeah, it'd all be sunshine and happiness, wouldn't it? Of course not! We all know those highly adaptive robots of yours would quickly adapt to not needing you or your money! Then we'll all be crushed under their glinting metallic feet!

Death by automaton aside, I'm pretty envious of you employed GR lot. Right now, I'm living the unemployed dream/nightmare, and let me tell you, it has an awful lot of people I know worried! If it persists, I'll have 3 70's in World of Warcraft and a spine crushing debt!

Before Stal berates me for answering a question I wasn't asked, I assure everyone that I plan on traveling through time until I reach a point at which I work for GR, or until I'm brutally halted by the robopocalypse that joeblow wants to unleash.

If I wasn't at GR? I'd have to write game reviews on multiple pieces of cardboard and hold them up on the side of the road.

Nick_Tan said:
(On Bioware requesting NVN levels for applicants:) Call me bitter but that almost sounds like they're making you do the work, only to reject your application while taking credit for your ideas in their next installment.

It's good exercise for designers... and besides, whatever quick POS you send for your application, your next map will be better.

Duke_Ferris said:
i'd like to say i would have done something cool like start a brewpub.

It's never too late... when do we upgrade the office? :D

I suppose I can answer this with reality.

After leaving GR back in 2001, I joined an online game marketing firm based in Monaco. Visiting Monaco I got to watch the Grand Prix from a restaurant on one of the major turns, eat a multi course meal on a private beach, and have the bidet one hotel explode flooding the entire floor.

That job lasted all of 6 months.

Then I worked for an electronic toy company now owned by Mattel, a horrible PC software company, Konami, and finally Capcom.

I'm currently the Product Manager on a number of very cool games (some of which I can't mention) including Ace Attorney, Okami, We Love Golf, Moto GP, and MegaMan.

Good times.

- C!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod