Hey danielrbischoff

just a complaint. Daily means, daily. Like, once a day. About 5 Daily manifestos a fucking day.

If you want more ad space, drop the fucking thing. There.

My complain has been answered, the Daily manifesto bar now has a tiny little Advert on it. It's a new low. My god duke, your baby has become a mutant freak that isn't worth being loved because it eats kittens and rapes children.

Wow, that is just awful.

I'm kinda glad I stopped going to the front page, because there ain't a damn thing of value there now.

Hasn't Energizer been the listed advertiser for over a year now. Interesting that they would finally change it up.

I definitely agree that the daily manifesto should be something thought-provoking and opinionated, and daily. Right now it's practically an RSS feed of news from other sites.

I think its because they are trying to bring people to the website.....

It is not working as much.

Also, welcome finally Sinlaeshel.

LinksOcarina said:
I think its because they are trying to bring people to the website.....

It is not working as much.

Also, welcome finally Sinlaeshel.

Greetings. Surprised I registered so long ago... was likely to enter a contest of some sort.

I'd been noticing a downward trend in the content lately, mostly in the manifesto (still love the reviews). Thought I'd check the forums to see what was going on, and was sad to see that Duke was canned :( Figured I'd chime in to say the place hasn't been the same since he left.

Sinlaeshel said:
I definitely agree that the daily manifesto should be something thought-provoking and opinionated, and daily.
Well, you could check out the new features that I've been pumping out now on a semi-weekly basis. I didn't leave the sexy world of review writing behind for nothing!

http://www.gamerevolution.com/features/how-short-is-too-short

If you're lucky, you may be able to spot a thought or two being provoked in the midst of a litany of unsolicited opinions. If not, at least you can come back and say, "Who is this a-hole who called me out in the forums and forced me to read this piece of crap?!"

:wink:

-JC

Sinlaeshel said:
Greetings. Surprised I registered so long ago... was likely to enter a contest of some sort.

I'd been noticing a downward trend in the content lately, mostly in the manifesto (still love the reviews). Thought I'd check the forums to see what was going on, and was sad to see that Duke was canned :( Figured I'd chime in to say the place hasn't been the same since he left.

Well it's nice to 'meet' you regardless. I hope you end up with a post count higher than my own.

Jesse_Costantino said:
Well, you could check out the new features that I've been pumping out now on a semi-weekly basis. I didn't leave the sexy world of review writing behind for nothing!

http://www.gamerevolution.com/features/how-short-is-too-short

-JC

I try and read your features whenever I notice that it's changed. Truth be told though I tend to not spend much time on the front page so sometimes a couple of days can go by. I am, however, looking forward to when they implement comments on articles so I can leave more direct feedback.

danielrbischoff said:
Hey, what's going on in this thread?

I think there is perhaps a lot of latent bitterness over certain editorial decisions of late presumably made by Crave and I think the parties in this thread realise you are not to blame. I tend to skip over a fair few of the Manifesto items but reading it did lead to me downloading the Game Dev Story App and successfully destroying any illusion of productivity for that day.

danielrbischoff said:
Hey, what's going on in this thread?

We, the GR forumies, believe morally and ethically the current GR staff should resign and, lead by former employee duke, create an 80's style pirate power metal band and get into the nerdcore scene, make a million and one half dollar, and found a new GR that returns it to an era of less corporate ad pushing and more independent thought.

I feel special. And it cut out half my post.

I'll try again:
Good. First.

Long list. Read the forums. Bring back the black is key, how about this, look at the front page. Look at it hard, long and haaard. Then look at this page here: atomiconline.com
See the similarity, especially that fashionspot crap one? See it. (in CAPS, to show that I'm pissed) Do you see the stupid fucking fable ad that comes up everytime I hover over "video games" do you?!

Do you know how hateful that is? Possibly not you, but the people that pay you, are bastards. They ruined this site. I've been coming here for 12 years, and this is like going from the roaring twenties to the great depression. I understand you need ads to pay for this place. Fine. But excessive ads drive people away.

I was excited to see that the forum got some representation on the front page finally, but disappointed to see that it was about a topic where a couple of guys were being kind of rude. Kind of a negative impression, I'm sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle