Future classics

lokness said:
used44 said:
No one's mentioned Halo 3? That's the pinnacle of online console gaming. Everything from the matchmaking to the file-sharing is near-perfect and lots of games will be building on those in the future.

Fixed.

Portal is a no brainer aswell as Shadow of the Collosus, but other then that i cant really think of anything recent that warrant a 'classic' title.

I know, there a slew of awesome titles recently but non of them are enough to be a classic. IMO, a classic title has to do something new/revolutionary. [/b]

But, but, but ... it's Halo ... it's the prism saber ... but, but ... IT PWSN J00000!

You have a point Zanker, but I think at the very least Half-Life 2 + Episodes out of the FPS games deserves to be on any list of classics.

The storyline is the best I've found outside of RPGs and is well integrated into the gameplay. There's great variation in atmosphere, setting, gameplay all the way through, and as for revolutionary features, look no further than the Gravity Gun/Physics engine,/Garrys Mod. It's very rare that I play an online FPS (Deathmatch) where I spend more time building impeneterable fortresses than actually murderizing people.

And yes, it's definitely replayable.

madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2008 02:04 Post subject: You Basturds! Reply with quote
OMG I told you i hate the PS3.
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/view.php?id=3623

"It's really no surprise to anybody that the PS3 was definitely a contributing factor to [the delay],"

Are you happy now?!? Are you happy your PS3 delayed GTA 4?
F*** i hate the PS3...And now i have a genuine reason to hate Longo.

''The PS3 has long been the elephant in the room with regards to multiplatform development.''

You PS3-ers are wrecking it for everybody, Us Xboxers had to wait for your f**ked up console to work, and we could have had it on PC by now.
F**k the PS3.

[Edit]
Sorry Longo, but you are the PS3 fanboy..
(yes, the topic title is mispelt on purpose Wink )

Now you have a PS3...bastard

lol, console wars. My ps3 and xbox get along just fine on the same shelf, though the amount of attention they receive from my side is rather disproportionate, but I refuse to state in which side so as not to appear to be taking a side in this trollery. Seriously, we get it, you either can't afford or are too cheap to buy both/all consoles, and have an urge to justify your decision. Don't.

(ps3 has no games! xbox has no japanese games! RROD! backwards compatibility! et cetera, ad infinitum.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle