Boardgaming?

Has anyone played Infiltration?

pic1441588_md.jpg

(Not my pic)

Thinking of trying it. It sounds cool.

I've actually heard good things about it. This is the one thing I miss about Utah. Board game stores with demo nights and a fairly large and mixed crowd.

I really want to try Legendary.

MRVLLEGENDARYBX1.JPG

All my Utah buds play it weekly.

You should come up to Berkeley to play Pathfinder.

Nah, just kidding, my DM is a total douche and has chased away 95% of the people.

Glad to see the conversation is still flowing. As an update, I bought both Talisman and Dungeon. They are both great, in different ways.

Dungeon is (usually) quick, easy and straightforward. It seems a bit unbalanced sometimes though, when even the strongest character has issues defeating high level monsters (5-6). But fun nonetheless and surprisingly my roommates GF actually likes playing it, to the point she has suggested it.

Talisman is straight up gamer nerd dreamgasm. The game is everything I wanted in a fantasy/rpg boardgame. It's a bit intimidating at first (we read the entire rulebook, took 30+ minutes to read/discuss) but once you get into it, it's not so bad and mostly straightforward. Classes, enemies, treasure, equipment, stat building, quests, even pvp - it's RPG at the core and tons of fun. Looking at buying some of the xpacs I like it so much.

Ugh, I couldn't disagree more about Talisman. It's straightforward and almost too straightforward. But that's my opinion.

Longo_2_guns said:
You should come up to Berkeley to play Pathfinder.

Nah, just kidding, my DM is a total douche and has chased away 95% of the people.
What he doesn't know, is I'm a veteran of people trying to chase me off... Huh? HUH? Because of you! and GL!

lol

Bretimus_v2 said:
Ugh, I couldn't disagree more about Talisman. It's straightforward and almost too straightforward. But that's my opinion.

When I say straightforward, I mean it's not overly convoluted (like MTG can get with stacks and vague rules). You make your rolls, go around the board, you obey the cards. It's precisely what I wanted when I finally made the decision to buy a high fantasy rpg-boardgame.

What card/boardgame do you enjoy? I'm curious and willing to try new things as I'm still new to this.

Co-op games where no one has to be the GM/DM are a lot of fun. They're usually pretty difficult too. My friends and I finally beat the Space Hulk: Death Angel card game. It's based on the WH40K Space Hulk board game, but costs like 1/20 as much. You can even play solo, and all of our many attempts ended in failure until recently. It felt like quite the accomplishment at the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle