Beta Testers Wanted!

schimmel

Rookie
So my roommate has been spending his summer writing the script for an RPG and he has found people to actually design it into a videogame. It went into beta last night and he needs testers. He knows I post here, so he has asked me to find out if any of you would be interested in testing it out. If you are, send me a PM and I'll send you the link to the site you can download the file from. The game its self at this point is only 35MB so it shouldn't take more than a few seconds to download, and even less time to extract.

Also, any questions or comments about the game if you decide to help him test it, post them here for all to see!

What kind of game is it? I know it's an RPG, but like story, setting, anything? I'd be interested to try it out I guess.

I would, but it's just the worst timing when I have recently bought my favourite sports game, and my favourite RPG in a week's time :p

It's a top-down, side scrolling RPG with basic sprites. Think GBA Final Fantasy-esque. I've been playing it for a couple hours now and I gotta say it's pretty interesting. The battle system is very familiar so it should only take a second to figure out what you're doing.

Erm, I bought Tales of Vesperia (I'm a fan of the Tales series), and Tiger Woods 10 (this is actually so much more challenging and ...overall BETTER than other Tiger Woods golf games.)

Sorry to hijack, I really wanna try this game out though. I will will PM u schimmel :D

I'll do it, don't have much to do instead of working on my DooM2 wad and a bunch of other crap.

MattAY said:
Erm, I bought Tales of Vesperia (I'm a fan of the Tales series), and Tiger Woods 10 (this is actually so much more challenging and ...overall BETTER than other Tiger Woods golf games.)
Yeah i played the demo for Tiger woods, controlling the analog stick's straightness has definately turned the game a bit more challenging.

this game was obviously made with one of the RPG maker programs, maybe VX or XP.
Anyways, I'll try it out tonight, didn't have enough time yesterday and part of today.

If you can send me more spicific details, I'll help you guys. I've made a few games myself (nothin i wish to share as they are mostly for personal use) and know what is needed to help move things along. I will warn you that if i do test, I may be a bit critical. but other then that i would love to help.

Hey schimmel, feel free to send me one, I love those old top-down RPGs, never finished one though. It might take me a while to post some feedback to you though, as I'm gonna be gone in the day next week with soccer. Just, before you send it, could this game run on a Netbook? because that's my current PC. I have a hardcore gaming PC, but it's not something that I use, and if it can run on my Netbook, then I can play it when I'm in the car or on a plane or stuff like that. Easier for me to find stuff for your programmers, and I can post it faster then too. So, if it can run on a Netbook, I'd love to try it :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle