Best developers for the job

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Some game-makers would just be perfect for certain licenses. Let's pick a developer to take on these special projects, one game at a time.

Lets start with:

teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-slice1.jpg

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Which game developer would make the perfect TMNT game, and why?

Rocksteady? Ripped from the GR headlines...

I would personally say, that I'd love to see Insomniac put together a TMNT game. They understand the cartoony humor side (Ratchet & Clank) while getting the powers and gritty combat side (inFamous). I think they'd be a better ,less dark fit.

cyberjim2000 said:
Rocksteady Studios. Imagine TMNT in the same flavor as Batman: Arkham Asylum or City. Plus their name is Rocksteady.
Yeah, fucking Rocksteady NEED to make a TMNT game. I would buy 12 copies.

Edit: To answer why, it's mostly the combat and the respect for the brand Rocksteady has shown in the past. When dealing with Batman, they went back to comics, to the roots, and TMNT needs that too. Rocksteady could make an amazing, dark, fast-paced experience for the turtles, one that wouldn't disrespect the player or the core fans.

What's more, Arkham City just has that look: very gothic, comic-book-inspired architecture, textures, lighting. A TMNT game has to get the mood right. Granted a bunch of giant mutant reptiles is a silly concept, but you can explore those characters with great depth.

I agree. Rocksteady would be great.

It's not just because "omg a Batman: Arkham City version of TMNT would be sweet" but, like everyone's said, it's because of how Rocksteady made Batman. They went back to the source material, the comics, and they just... nailed everything right. Batman as a character, the villains and other characters, the storylines etc, while having their own spin and take on things (the 'reskin' of Robin, so to speak).

I think if anyone could pull it off, it'd be Rocksteady.

Oh,man, used, awesome thread. Ultra (acclaim) made the best....why?

Look ,i KNO wyou want to say Konami, and i get that. But fucking NES TMNT Arcade Edition set my balls on fire. wait.. it wasn't konami that had the license at that point, was it?

Whoever made TMNT Arcade Editin for the NES. THEM

THAT SHIT JUST PROVED VIDEO Games could go anwyhere they wanted fuck it typos

Oh, which? I'lll agree on Insomniac. But whoever made arcade edition (can't remember if ultra or not) deserves props. Remember seeing that arcade level on your NES? my jaw = on the floor at that moment

I think Insomniac would be the better choice over Rocksteady, but Rocksteady might do combat in a more fluid way.

Both of those would be top two though.

Alright, good choices! I have the feeling Rocksteady will show up in this thread a lot. They set the standard for simultaneously respecting and building upon known franchises. I would want my TMNT game to be a little more on line with Insomniac's sensibilities. Either would be great though.

Next franchise needing a developer:

firefly_657x381.jpg

Firefly

used44 said:
Alright, good choices! I have the feeling Rocksteady will show up in this thread a lot. They set the standard for simultaneously respecting and building upon known franchises. I would want my TMNT game to be a little more on line with Insomniac's sensibilities. Either would be great though.

Next franchise needing a developer:

firefly_657x381.jpg

Firefly

Now here is the question, is it involving the original cast, or a new one?

If its the original cast, I picture either a space-adventure from Tell-Tale Games. IF not, I think an RPG from BioWare would be a good choice, considering they are damn good at character-driven storylines. Plus Firefly as a setting is very Space Opera-like.

Don Rawitsch, Bill Heinemann, and Paul Dillenberger in and produced by the Minnesota Educational Computing Consortium (MECC). My dream is to see Firefly developed by the same brilliant team that created Oregon Trail. Only instead of picking one career, you would have all these various people that could add to your party as you made a trek across the galaxy...with your stolen goods.

used44 said:
This was all a thin ruse to get Links to bring up BioWare. :p
I was going to say....

I have not watched this series or the movie, so I can't really comment. Maybe like an EVE Online reskin with the Firefly universe?

One question is what genre you'd want to make the Firefly game out of. Volition, the guys who made Freespace or the people who made Freelancer would make great choices if you want it an Elite-type game. Bioware again if you want it to have more of an RPG.

If there ever was a Firefly game, it'd be difficult to predict what kind of game it would be. I mean, I know it's all about space but... the Serenity ship doesn't get into many space battles does it? I think. I forget. I need to watch Firefly again.

This'll probably sound dumb and cliche' but I think there are two inspirations a Firefly game could potentially take. As already said, it could go down the RPG route with something similar to Bioware's Mass Effect series. Makes sense to me... Firefly had a great setting and storyline, there was a hell load of shoot outs, close combat etc.

On the other hand, perhaps an action cinematic-esque game similar to the Uncharted series? Great writing and dialog, excellent presentation and fun game mechanics with both gun play and hand to hand?

So er... Naughty Dog, or Bioware. :p

Mark Wahlberg? Really?

I know we're going a little off topic but... I think a great Drake would be Bradley Cooper. Nathan Fillion may be a little old. :( But he's still our Mal. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Playnft