Anyone know anything about game testing?

I would just like to know if anyone has any experience with or knows anything about game testing. I'm curious to know some details like what it is like, daily tasks, what you need to look out for, any tips and tricks, and other such information. So anyone know anything?

grandmagoodtimes said:
I would just like to know if anyone has any experience with or knows anything about game testing. I'm curious to know some details like what it is like, daily tasks, what you need to look out for, any tips and tricks, and other such information. So anyone know anything?

De-Ting said:
grandmagoodtimes said:

I would do it one more time, but then it'd be going to far. Ah, what the hell.

keepithowitis said:
De-Ting said:
grandmagoodtimes said:

keepithowitis said:
De-Ting said:
grandmagoodtimes said:

:)

I want to break the chain :p

I haven't done it, but I have one friend who told me one of his days consisted of trying on every possible combo of items, equipment, armor, etc. and walking into one part of a wall to see if it would glitch if he used certain combos. It wasn't all that fun i guess.

I'm assuming it's basically a job for those who are cool with doing ridiculously tedious tasks all day. I guess if it's something you want to do, just don't go into it expecting to have a fun time just playing through a game you enjoy. :p

A friend of mine tested the NBA game for EA Sports for a couple of years, and it was very time consuming and tedious according to him. But, in the end, he was paid to play video games all day, which is why he kept doing it.

According to Grandmas Boy you just get wasted, make out with your attractive boss and have rockin parties with bikies and strippers... I assume that this happens on a weekly basis...

Do you like Games, maybe?

Seriously though, I think you need training in math and physics and noticing problems and the like in a game. But who knows.

LinksOcarina said:
Do you like Games, maybe?

Seriously though, I think you need training in math and physics and noticing problems and the like in a game. But who knows.
Agreed because you need to like video games when i say like...i mean like You have to test games of all levels from the ESRB. So yeah you might have to test with a childs game or you might get a great fun action bloody adult game

I know someone who used to do game testing for EA, but he hated it. You don't get to request what's sent to you, and you're usually lumped into a category, such as RPG, Sports, Action etc. Not being a sports fan, he was kinda pissed to be placed in the sports category and was always sent games he had no interest in. The requirements were extensive play to the point of never wanting to touch a games console ever again, looking out for glitches, making sure the game is balanced, that sort of thing. It seems to be one of those jobs that sounds fun by the title but is actually rather tedious. The terrible pay isn't much to look at either, its definitely not something you can support yourself on, which is why virtually all games testers are teens.

LinksOcarina said:

Nah, that's what the programmers need if you find bugs. The requirements for a games tester are a high boredom threshold, liking of games, and meeting the age requirements of some games.

I remember when Donkey Kong Country came out for the SNES when and my dad got a VHS about the development of the game,"Donkey Kong Country: Exposed. If i remember right(I was pretty young), One of the main testers jobs was to go through the game and see if he could find every single Banana, KONG, Golden Animal, and life balloon....so screw game testing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133