Anybody have a job...

Jobs are...

• Pointless means to excrutiating existential angst...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Useful for society and thusly make your short existence worthwhile...

• THE ONLY WAY TO PAY FOR MY VIDEO GAME CRACK! GIMME MORE GAME JUUUUUUICE!

• Total voters
I cut fruit for 10$ an hour at Whole Foods natural Market. I pay 1200$ a semi to go to the local Comm. College(fuck you ty, you lucky danish sausage). I'm very broke, so is my family after my sister went to a 20k a year school and fucked up. She's older, so she got to go the nicer school. I got chump change and could only afford comm college. :cry:

Ah well, that is life.

Since the U.S is in a major recession right now, finding a job is next to impossible for me....not even shit jobs like Mcdonalds (in my area) are hiring right now. It's HORRIBLE!

Pushit said:
^Why didn't you get a full ride scholarship you f****** idiot.

because I'm white, middle class and my parents make just enough money that full rides don't apply to me no matter what the grades. I live in Saint Louis, and all the Scholarships go to poor kids or kids that live in Saint Louis City (not County).

So don't call me a fucking idiot when there's nothing I can do about it.

Fucking idiot.

LinksOcarina said:
Since the U.S is in a major recession right now, finding a job is next to impossible for me....not even s*** jobs like Mcdonalds (in my area) are hiring right now. It's HORRIBLE!

Try a WFNM. Just tell them that you support greenpeace, your hero is Al Gore, and Ron Paul is the greatest man on earth.

Links, mate, normally I would tell you that if you're desperate for a job, lower your standards, but never under any circumstances, get a job in fast food. It isn't good for you, or your health, or your wallet, or anything, really.

thetank said:
Links, mate, normally I would tell you that if you're desperate for a job, lower your standards, but never under any circumstances, get a job in fast food. It isn't good for you, or your health, or your wallet, or anything, really.

Unless you live in Denmark.

thetank said:

I had a job at the golden arches.. it was good enough to pay the bills.

DocMoc said:
thetank said:

I had a job at the golden arches.. it was good enough to pay the bills.

Really? Not for me it wasn't. It's bad enough being a wage slave, but having to work like a dog in Satan's Toilet?

I didn't mind it because it was mind numbingly easy. I could do a really good job without any real effort.

I also wasn't with them for a long period of time so the job didn't have time to get to me.

Now tree planting is a job that made me work. It was simultaneously the best and worst job I have ever had.
Best because it paid well and I was outdoors all the time.
Worst because I had to plant thousands of trees each day in some very tough terrain.

I'm working at Trader Joe's currently...not making some great amount (10 USD an hour?) but it's more than I'd find elsewhere it seems. I'm in disbelief that you make 22 at BK, that's insane...It's believable, but Christ, BK?

I get a lot of benefits if I claim independent which is apparently the highlight of where I work...The benefits are great, but I'm not independent in that right, so I guess I don't experience that. Personally, it has some decent moments but as a whole, I hate retail...

Tylzen said:
StalfrosCC said:
It isn't 22 USD at a burger king. I don't care if you are Store Manager.

Actually it's 21.49 USD after todays currency. That is the basic wage, then I get all sorts of extras for working late hours, weekends, holidays etc.

Yesterday I had 100% extra wage since it was a holiday.
Plus I got my night shift extra.
So almost 50 USD an hour.

StalFrosCC I love you <3

The Euro is stronger than the US Dollar, however it also costs more to live. So in essence you are making just over minimum wage in your country.

If you could start a US Savings account and move over here you would be making bank for working at a fast food joint.

Go Go You!

StalfrosCC said:
The Euro is stronger than the US Dollar, however it also costs more to live. So in essence you are making just over minimum wage in your country.

If you could start a US Savings account and move over here you would be making bank for working at a fast food joint.

Go Go You!

I am glad that you do not know a flying donkey poo about my country :)

Yes it's more expensive to live here.
But claiming that it is just over minimum wage is just ignorance on your parts.

Minimum wage here is roughly 16 USD.
But as I said before that BK, MCD and other fast food joint are under the laws of Hotels and Resturants, so they need to keep a higher standard of wages and benefits.

I am 21 years old, studying and working at burger king.
Yet I got a 10 mbit/2mbit connection, full cabel TV package incl. HDchannels, FullHD TV, Ps3, a high end computer, more than 200 game titles.
I also got a son, and my own apartment.
And I am able to put food on the table every day :) Like decent meals.
I also don't have ANY loans. I am also insuranced for ~208,000 USD (1,000,000 DKR)

I don't know about American standards but I think that is fairly okay to be able to keep that even if I worked at Burger King part time.

I must also add that due to the extensive social benefits in Denmark (which are of the highest standards in the world)
I get paid to go to school, my rent is low because I am a student, I get child support from the state every third month, school is free.

The worst job you can get here are the ones at retail and call support, they get minimum wages and bad to none benefits.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
thetank said:

I think that's the moral of the story here.

Rekkie7 said:
Eyebrowsbv31 said:
thetank said:

I think that's the moral of the story here.

Obviously. We are all fools. We should be fry cooks in Denmark.

I am so. frickin. tired of hearing about Denmark. I can't even go into non-Misc topics witthout being bombarded with it.

used44 said:
I am so. frickin. tired of hearing about Denmark. I can't even go into non-Misc topics witthout being bombarded with it.
I think you should put Denmark in the word filter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod