Anybody have a job...

Jobs are...

• Pointless means to excrutiating existential angst...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Useful for society and thusly make your short existence worthwhile...

• THE ONLY WAY TO PAY FOR MY VIDEO GAME CRACK! GIMME MORE GAME JUUUUUUICE!

• Total voters

Yokiro

Regular
Seriously, is there anyone out there looking for an employee willing to due mindless labor or intellectual extrapolations of logic flows?
I'm bored of being unemployed and I will be your donkey hoof licker if I must!

(And if there's no actual occupation here, which would be simply hilarious to hope for, this shall be the topic to come up with the least enjoyable jobs possible! Really, shoot some at me... Like, Hitler's personal toilet roll holder and urinal cake provider during his fetishistic days.)

Yokiro, I've actually heard stories of people who had jobs like "Saddam Hussein's son's body double."

I personally used to work at McDonalds, which sucked, but is the source of much amusement and stories of swearing at people.

Well, if I had the cash to get the surgery, then I could some day be that body double's body double.

And, I wouldn't trust myself with food, I'm easily ill and could briskly bring down that health code rating rather successfully.

Avoid a job in fast food. If you're desperate for a job, lower your standards, do gardening, apply for jobs everywhere you can, you never know if you'll get a job as a personal assistant or something, but whatever you do, do it well, establish a reputation.

I'll wait to do that for when I get moved, since reputation normally doesn't cross continents for such an anti-auspicious worker as I.
But, good advice really, I'd love to get work as a writer, but I can't quite figure out who to whore myself to for that. (The greater difficulty is finding someone that would actually like me to.)

To tell you the truth, writing is great.

I don't do it as a job, I do it as a hobby, but my work gets published in the student magazine at my University, and I get a bit of positive feedback about it, which is nice. People who don't know me personally, but know me by name come up to me and give me their thoughts, which is cool.

The pieces I've written so far, that have been published, are all in my GR blog, in case anyone here wanted to read them. Have a look if you want, that's the kind of writing I do, it's as cynical and sarcastic as I can make it, but hey, I'm an antagonist person by nature, and it's working for me.

If you can get work as a "writer" at your age with no experience; Do it!

Other than that you are going to need to work to supplement your writing just like you would work to supplement your gaming habit.

School newspapers and magazines are one way to gain experience, but I haven't heard of a school supplied gig in the US that pays the bills.

Yeah, like I said, I don't get paid for doing the writing, I actually have a part-time job at a video rental place near my house, as well as the study I do, but the feedback, and people enjoying what I write (which is pretty much how I speak) gives me hope for my future career.

If your looking for work that could be fun but will be tough, go find a job in a kitchen, as in a restaurant. Life is tough as shit, but its good fun and you get paid of course.

Construction. Yeah, it may be 10 hour days and nothing but taxing, physical labor, but the pay is quite good and you have a good time. Just don't be afraid of heights.

Man, you arent the only one. Im 18, in Uni, and jobless. I feel bad for leeching off my parents but its hard to find work when you dont have experience and a car.

Instead, i lick balls for $5. Anyone interested?

piracer said:
If your looking for work that could be fun but will be tough, go find a job in a kitchen, as in a restaurant. Life is tough as s***, but its good fun and you get paid of course.

I did that once. The people are great, unless you're a dishwasher, and every man and his dog are screaming at you for the plates they need, while telling you to hurry up. Eventually I quit, because most of the waiting staff were assholes, and never did the slightest to help when I was up to my eyeballs in teacups and saucers, despite the fact that they were doing nothing but standing around complaining that I wasn't working hard enough.

At least the food (we were a restaurant, so food was important) went out on clean plates.

Well I've been working part-time and full time on and off, depending on what I've been doing in my life.

At the moment, I am at school, and I get paid 1000 $ a month for being at school.
Besides that, I work part time at burger king. 6 times a month at 22 $ an hour. Which is about ~$1100 a month.
Low rent and living fairly close to downtown makes me able to use my bike.

I've worked within the fast food industry on and off, also at McDonald's for 3 years. Which is some of the best paid jobs here, because of our laws when you work with food and because of the high pace work it is.

Making it even better, my girlfriend is on leave after she got our son, she gets $ 1800 for doing nothing :D Just taking care of him at home.

$22 an hour at Burger King, that's pretty impressive. Although hard to compare with another currency.

I work in an office for our biggest tele company. Basically just issue out work, ie fix cable etc to sub companies. I guess it's not a very common job but basicially any kind of office work you can get that's not a call centre and you can have a pretty relaxing day and be paid well enough for it. Saves working in retail.

The avg wage being around $ 18, I find it decent enough that BK pays $ 22.
This is above 18 years wage.

But yeah the currency swings up and down, so it's hard to compare, but the economy here is booming.

But I've been trying to find something else, I am tired of "flipping burgers" :D

StalfrosCC said:
It isn't 22 USD at a burger king. I don't care if you are Store Manager.

Actually it's 21.49 USD after todays currency. That is the basic wage, then I get all sorts of extras for working late hours, weekends, holidays etc.

Yesterday I had 100% extra wage since it was a holiday.
Plus I got my night shift extra.
So almost 50 USD an hour.

StalFrosCC I love you <3

If I got paid 22 bucks an hour to work at friggin Burger King I'd wear my hair net with pride.

I actually work part time at Wal-Mart maknig 10 bucks an hour (CDN). The managers there smoke like crazy due to all the stress they go through. I swear that these stores are the most ruthless when it comes to being #1 it's not even funny. So you can imagine the managers stress out on the employees all the time. Only good thing about it is that their are a lot of people in my age range that work there and I've made friends with them.

GhostTrip said:
If I got paid 22 bucks an hour to work at friggin Burger King I'd wear my hair net with pride.

Hair net?!?...

I hope that was a joke, that my American co-workers are not forced to wear bloody hair net at work.

I can relate to that Wallmart thing, I once worked at the largest store in Denmark, which is Wallmart size with 2 hours lines at 30 - 50 cashiers. (That's when it's really bad, like super discount day or something like that).
That was so stressfull and low paid that I quit..

I work in Childcare. Even though I'm an Assistant Coordinator - childcare is still quite a low income industry unless you OWN a centre, which is what I one day plan to do.

I get $21AUD an hour, sickpay, personal leave and holiday leave. Because I usually work split shifts I also get Split Shift Allowance of $10 a day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod