Any underratted DS games GR can recommend?

HK-47

Rookie
I would like to know, since they're are not only cheaper but also pretty good.
There are a few I saw at the local game store and there might be ones that I overlooked.

And please don't move this to the Nintendo forum.

GameInformer had a very strong recommendation with a game named "The World Ends With You". It was created by SquareEnix and sounds very original and very stylish. I certainly have never heard of it and I think this could fall under the under-rated section.... although I'm not exactly sure it will be cheaper. It won GameInformer's "Handheld Game of the Month" by the way.

We'll have a World Ends With You review up soon.

My personal favorites are:

Puzzle Quest
Professor Layton and the Curious Village (currently playing)

...and I can't wait for Space Invaders Extreme

i'm with joe on puzzle quest. elite beat agents is wierd enough to be fun. kirby: canvas curse, dragon quest heroes: rocket slime.

and worms. definately worms.

Perhaps not underrated but overlooked... Elite Beat Agents for rhythm, Picross DS and Planet Puzzle League for (err...) puzzle, Bleach: The Blade of Fate for fighting, Lunar Knights for Action RPGs, and Trauma Center for (umm...) surgery?

I'm not the gamer who is rich enough to buy games when they come out, but The World Ends With You looks like it's a contender for DS Game of the Year.

Puzzle Quest was amazing, playing a Wizard and forging items that had the difficulty of "God-like" was fun. But, at the end, it said that the difficulty for the Red Dragon was easy. That game truely made you feel like an God.

I'm afraid EBA would scratch my screen, since it's already scratched up from Meteos. But it has unbelievable style. Picross DS looked pretty cool, and it was one game on my list that I would like to play. Bleach I tried on multiplayer, and I just love to spam Rukia's special A. Borrowed Lunar Knights a while ago and I would definitely play it again. Even if I have to start over, using Hel was the greatest.
Trauma Center is a bit uncommon, isn't it? But since it has an anime theme, I'll keep an eye out for it.
Planet Puzzle League I haven't heard of, and I do enjoy a puzzle fix every now and then.
Kirby: Canvas Curse and Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime both looked pretty cool, and I enjoy hand-held RPGs alot. But I've never seen it at my local game store for months (years perhaps) and I refuse to go to EB games (have to support the independant game stores).
Worms? I should know what it is but I sadly don't. I'll check the GR review, and I know it's multiplayer and 2D.

I'm a fan of Adventure games and Professor Layton and the Curious Village was one game that I had to have. Unfortunately, I saw it at the game store and didn't have enough money for it, and bought Clubhouse Games.
And I also got Front Mission last week, and currently I have spent atleast 2 hours customizing in my 10 hour total playtime.

malakian said:
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, the first one! It can never be rated high enough! A+ DUKE! A+!
Good ol' handheld adventure games, and a court based one that's funny? In good taste? That takes quite a large amount of skill. And it should have gotten atleast a B.

Enigma said:
crazycracker22 said:
The. World. Ends. With. You.

Explain please so I may decide whether I should buy it.
Describe it? Oh ho ho..It describes itself. Not really though. It's a unique blend of a rhythm based game mixed with an action style combat, much like Kingdom Hearts. That's because it's made by that company! It's upper half requires certain button commands, while the bottom hal contains certain stylus strokes. Pretty coo IMO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod