Any 8th Generation rumours yet?

Call me ADD, but I'm already bored with the 7th generation. Are there any rumours (or solid facts would be nice) about the 8th generation? Xbox 720? PlayStation 4? Nintendo Puu? Mac iConsole?

The Mac has been more or less confirmed to be into production with no date released.
the next Xbox is set to be released early 2011 (no official word on name), but it has been confirmed to be running more than a regular DVD, so hopes are for a built in HD-DVD to run triple layer discs with 51gb (ha blu-ray! 1more gig!)

not sure about PS4 (as i don't have an insider with sony..)
The next nintendo nobody really cares about, so i have no info on it.

if you're already bored with out current gen consoles, get a gaming rig and be a PC gamer for a couple years.

madster111 said:
so hopes are for a built in HD-DVD
Madster the war has been won, well it wasn't really a war blu-ray kicked the shit out of HD-DVD. No one makes them any more even microsoft has given up on HD-DVD.
I'm an xbox fan but blu-ray is just better, and i would be highly surprised if they tried to bring that back, in fact it might push me over to sony.

I am just getting sick of the console generations at this point anyway, but I hope that the next console will come out around 2013, giving us time to familiarize with the current generation.

8th generation???? There are only 5 so far.

1st generation: NES

2nd: SNES, Sega Genesis

3rd: PlayStation, Sega Saturn, N64

4th: Sega Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, XBOX

5th: XBOX 360, Wii, PS3

There were also a few generations of Atari systems before the NES came around, and I think there was another really, really early game system called the Odyssey which predated even Atari.

The Nintendo Entertainment System was by no means the first ever home gaming console.

EDIT: Also, you're forgetting the Sega Master System, it was the 8-bit predecessor to the Genesis.

jc00l said:
madster111 said:
so hopes are for a built in HD-DVD
Madster the war has been won, well it wasn't really a war blu-ray kicked the s*** out of HD-DVD. No one makes them any more even microsoft has given up on HD-DVD.
I'm an xbox fan but blu-ray is just better, and i would be highly surprised if they tried to bring that back, in fact it might push me over to sony.
do you really think MS would give sony money to run blu-ray?

Way too soon to ask this question. I only have a wii in current gen, but I think there's plenty of time to see what it is fully capable of. And I'm sure it's the same with the other 2.

I honestly think running some sort of SD card or hard drive for each game would work better.
a 16gb USB stick is faster than a DVD, and can hold more.
providing MS put this to practical use, i can see it becoming a MUCH better format than some spinning disc crap.

I can't believe no one has mentioned the Phantom.

Wes, you also forgot Turbo Graffix 16, Sega CD, 32X, the Atari Jaguar, Virtual Boy....

Now I understand why you forgot those consoles.

MattAY said:
Way too soon to ask this question. I only have a wii in current gen, but I think there's plenty of time to see what it is fully capable of. And I'm sure it's the same with the other 2.

Agreed, my credit card bill says I have 500 reasons not to care about anything but the PS3 at this moment.

For christ sake madster, can you post in any topic without stating how much you love the Xbox and hate the PS3 and Wii? It was tiresome months ago, it's very annoying now.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the current gen of consoles right now, I don't see any need to rush out the next gen just yet.

JCD said:
For christ sake madster, can you post in any topic without stating how much you love the Xbox and hate the PS3 and Wii? It was tiresome months ago, it's very annoying now.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the current gen of consoles right now, I don't see any need to rush out the next gen just yet.

Course, the arguement could be made that we're in the sixth generation still except the Wii. I mean, what's the difference between the PS3 and 360 and the PS2 and Xbox outside of prettier graphics? If better graphics means another generation, then the PC...lets see, better graphics every year since 1988, least every 6 months... so, 40th generation?

I read an article that this might be the last generation of the big consoles, lest they do what EA says and make a Playboxii 7204. Handhelds are the future! WooOooOOo.

madster111 said:
The Mac has been more or less confirmed to be into production with no date released.
the next Xbox is set to be released early 2011 (no official word on name), but it has been confirmed to be running more than a regular DVD, so hopes are for a built in HD-DVD to run triple layer discs with 51gb (ha blu-ray! 1more gig!)

So you have an insider with all those other companies?

Bullshit.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
Course, the arguement could be made that we're in the sixth generation still except the Wii. I mean, what's the difference between the PS3 and 360 and the PS2 and Xbox outside of prettier graphics?

The PS3 is running on Blu-Ray discs, which is a technological upgrade. Combined with the improved graphics to support high def, 6-axis controller, and options through online content, the system is as different from the PS2 as the Sega CD was to the Dreamcast.

There were also a few generations of Atari systems before the NES came around, and I think there was another really, really early game system called the Odyssey which predated even Atari.

The Odyssey system was the "Magnavox Odyssey" which was your Pong. (Pretty damn sure on this one) That is the true first "games console" and anyone who says otherwise gets to share my death plan for chavs. (Being crucified on a cross that is then dropped into Nazi-Shark infested Acid whilst in the vacuum of space)

LetheanDreams said:
madster111 said:

So you have an insider with all those other companies?

Bullshit.
no, i have an insider in a single company that supplies Tasmania with ALL their electronics, so they get some of the earliest news anywhere.
and what do you mean ''al those companys''? i only know about MS & Mac.

JCD said:
For christ sake madster, can you post in any topic without stating how much you love the Xbox and hate the PS3 and Wii? It was tiresome months ago, it's very annoying now..
no.
besides, i don't hate the PS3. I just don't like it.

The Next Nintendo console will have VR controls and doubled the power of the wii!!! omg so cool..

and the next xbox will be so powerful that MS will lock out users not playing on a MS created TV and sound system!!!! omg 1337!!!

The PS5 will be an organic chip implanted into your brain with a super-high-powered USB port in your nose. Downloading new games is as simple as plugging your nose to any internet connection and doing a nasal download. Since you only use 10% of your brain, the remaining 90% is used for processing graphics and storing game data. Playing the games is done with a VR headset that plugs into special controller ports under your ears, and the game is controlled with your mind.

In addition to playing games, movies, and music, it also heightens your senses, improves your reaction time, and makes you compelled to work out more and become a more fit individual.

It will come with a free installation of Metal Gear Solid 8: Sons of Guns of the Twin Snake-Eating Patriots on Ac!d. An extra fifty dollars nets you with the Integrally Substantial Subsistent Sustenance edition.

Bonus extensions you can purchase separately include haptic force-feedback systems implanted in your hands, arms, legs, feet, and chest. Also plastic accessories to improve the realism in playing the game, such as gun shaped controllers. They don't actually do anything, since the game controls with your mind. it only gives you a physical object to hold in your hand and feel like you're pulling the trigger, or steering a car, or weild a sword and shield. That last one will be highly suggested to only play in wide open areas.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle