Angry at games?

Obeta

Rookie
I was just wondering if any of you get angry at games?

For example I have been playing a new save game on Rome total war for about 3 days now, just as I am on the verge of destroying one nation another two go and attack my virtually undefended settlements on the other side of the world setting me back nearly a whole days worth of play.

So I am wondering if anything like that happened to you and if you got angry at the game for it :D

Yeah. In WoW, being camped by a lot of horde. God of War, having to climb up those stupid walls with spikes and crap on them, so frustrating.

If I have a really bad run of luck in FFXI and level down twice in one day I tend to leave the game for a few weeks. :|

in diablo 2 LoD I will lag out because of the shitty networked-to-hell building this is at the worst possible moments so I loose money and experience. went from half a milion to twenty thousand cause of lag.

yeah, most recently just last night. i was playiing empire earth and had ALL my troops on transports north of my base about to raid a japanese airfield when the damn japanese snuck down and to the side and start mortaring my base and killing all my citizens. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

lineage 2, full suit of drake armor, i forget what the leggings drop chance is, but the drake leather chainmail top has a 1 in 60,000 chance or something like that, on a boss of all creatures,something that takes at least 5 or 6 well leveled people,

a clan mate was being attacked by some noobish kid with a bow, so i ran across and killed him in one shot.. his clan members hunted me down, and killed me, because i was recently in a pvp battle i ended up droppinga few items, the fucking drake chainmail was one

also in ffx, lady yunalesca, she gets down to 3000 hp and casts mega death

Americas Army...

Held a nade to long, blew up in my face....

It sucks, because it's always dramatic dying for me to. So I usually yell in dissapointment that I died, so that's like own dying sound effects.

Any time I lose in Soul Calibur 3 to the computer I get pissed, because I usually have them beat, then they kick me off the edge or they do some crazy move that takes out almost all of my health like Yoshimitsu's seppku strike.

yes! i get so mad in mario cart when people shoot me with those damn green turtles. i would ahve won you know! I WOULD HAVE BEAT THEM ALL!

I never erally get mad at games... frustrated, but never really angry. When something frustrates me I just turn it off for a bit and do something else. Even in MMOs, if I get some uber item taken away somehow I dont get mad, maybe a few minutes of "Wtf, wtf, wtf, WTF?!", but nothing along the lines of "YOU STOLE MY FUCKING CLOUDSONG!!!". I remember back in SWG I was kinda close to getting master bounty hunter and I surrendered some of my skills to help WR teach em to me and earn his apprentince points. Well, I didnt reailize that the game actually capped the amount of XP you could earn and I was knocked way back down to a novice marksman. I didnt really get mad, and was back to grinding the profession again the next day but damn did that suck.

I did get angry 2 times, though. One of em was after I beat the Shenmue II. I looked all over the place for an import copy just to get THAT?! I tossed my controller down due to the studpid ending and just turned the thing off. Man that was one crappy ending.

The other time I got angry was Jak 2. I never was really good at 3d platformers (I still havent gotten all the stars in mario 64 because I can never make any hard jumps) and I got to this jumping bit that I have been doing for a while, finally got to the end... got attacked by an enemy that popped up and fell off the edge.

Another time that really sucked was in FFX and the fight with yunalesca. Man... I think that was a few hours of dying right there. I had to load up a previous save point (which was pretty far back, before you get to the big field... forgot the name but you could ride a chocobo in it) and just earn XP there till I got Yuna to learn holy which made the fight a whole lot easier. Of course I beat the final boss on the first try cause like every other final fantasy game, the hardest boss is somehwere in the middle of the game. :/

Not so much anymore. There are times where I'll emphasize 'What?!' in response to something questionable, but I've been angrier at myself lately in playing MVP '05 because I'll throw a slider down and in knowing it'll get hit for a home run, which is what happens, yet I still do it!

But yeah, I've gotten angry at times so much to the point that I took one of my Dreamcast controllers out to the highway and ran it over a couple times with my truck and left it forlorn on a bridge. I can't even remember what prompted this, which is why I generally don't get too uppity.

Resident Evil Outbreak
- Me surrounded by zombies online with very few bullets

Me: Help!
Everyone Else: No!

They ran away and after getting angry at the game I decided to turn that rage and a reason to catch up to my so called teammates. Heh two of them ended up dieing to Hunters and the other to the boss *I reaped the benefits* meaning their weaponary

Now my real anger at games comes from fighting games such as SF 2 *DAMN BISON*

I suppose in those secret levels in Super Mario Sunshine. Talk about freakin annoying.

Also I was playing Civilization III for 15 hours and my time ran out. I didn't even know there was a time limit, so I ended up losing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle