Activision just wasted $5b

UrbanMasque

Everyone Wears a Mask
And bought King.. You know the producers of AAA titles like candy crush...

Today I weep for gaming, unless someone here can explain to me the benefits of this acquisition outside of grifting more money from us poor saps through more micro transactions

The benefit for us it minimal, if any.

The benefit for Activision stockholders is beyond category.

Longo_2_guns said:
The benefit for us it minimal, if any.

The benefit for Activision stockholders is beyond category.

Really because I'm sure candy crush can't possibly keep pulling in that much money.. Maybe an short term cash grab for investors, but wouldn't that money be better spent staffing up creating richer content and getting ready for vr? Sad. Activisions public statement makes it seem like they did it to get more "gamers" under their banner.. They called candy crush players gamers.. Fuck you if you do too

King will continue to make mobile games and those people who enjoy them will continue to buy them. I'm sure it will accumulate enough to get pass $5.9bn. I'm not saying Candy Crush will make that happen, I'm saying Activision knows how to play with money. How do you think they survived all these years?

Because swindling money out of morons on mobile platforms is nice and easy, so they're essentially going to get a lot of money.

I look forward to AAA console games all becoming 'free' to play in the future of gaming.

UrbanMasque said:
Maybe an short term cash grab for investors, but wouldn't that money be better spent staffing up creating richer content and getting ready for vr?
There isn't nearly as much money to be made in vr.
Here's the thing with free to play games, your clients will literally be giving you money for nothing as long as they want to. And games like Candy Crush and everything else King makes is specially designed to give people the same rush as gambling, and what is a dollar to that feeling?

Unlike a traditional product, where you buy it once, people never stop giving them money as long as the game is going.

So, it's an absolutely brilliant move on their part in terms of making money.

Thats kinda the point though right? They had $5b to spend on what?! just gamble with this investment in the long term.. They're not out to give you great gaming experiences, they're out to grease your anus and catch the coins that fall out from the penetration with every outward thrust. This about that the next time you buy a skin. You've got to invest in VR to reap the reward, but instead they invest in mobile!?!? They've been ripping off things for a while now so i guess i shouldnt be surprised.. Overwatch is a TF2 knockoff, COD3 is a joke, and Heroes is trying to be League of Legends. I guess they're done innovating. :/

- Media Molecule... save us!!

Activision Blizzard better not have a layoff in the next 2 years... but we all know that isn't likely to be the case..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo