Achievement hunting for fun and profit

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Hey just wondering if anybody wanted to share any recent or ongoing achievement/trophy grabs. Fun ones from fun games, not the "spam the same attack 100 times" variety.

Far Cry 3 has some great ones.

I had a blast today working on getting "Never Saw It Coming" which requires a knife takedown from above an enemy while using a zip line, glider, or parachute. I thought I had lined up a zip line kill the other day but I overshot my dismount. But today I spent about 15 minutes gliding way across the map and crashing an enemy stronghold. A couple great moments happened, bounced off a roof or two. Finally nailed a guy and it was just awesome.

Speaking of Far Cry, just need to play the co-op missions and I'll have all the achievements.

Recently, to compliment my Dark Souls platinum trophy, I picked up the Demon's Souls one as well. Which brings me to an example of how NOT to do trophies.

In Demon's Souls, there's one trophy for every single weapon upgrade type being maxed out, which there are about 15 of. The problem is that weapon upgrades take hours upon hours upon hours for ONE of them to reach max level, much less all of them. So that's a pain.

I platinumed Ratchet and Clank and Sly 2, recently.

While going for the hover board race trophy, I learned of an easter egg where you can give the chick massive boobs. Low-poly boobs, and her normal bust is more appealing, but still. Freaking. lol.

Oh man that zip line achievement was pretty awesome. I started using the glider but it was too hard, so nice work getting that!

PS - I also just need the co-op achievements... ;)

MGS HD collection ones are good. "Snake Beater" is where you let Otacon catch you whacking off to a poster of an Asian girl in the locker. One of my favourites.

Although they weren't achievements, I did get an Extermination medal on Halo 3 without boosting which was not easy as far as I can remember (get Overkill-streak while killing the entire opposing team). Pretty sure I won the 4v4 (i think, or 5v5) skirmish with 30+ of the 50 kills required to win. Had the video but my HDD just died, so no proof unfortunately (classic excuse right?).

used44 said:
I had a blast today working on getting "Never Saw It Coming" which requires a knife takedown from above an enemy while using a zip line, glider, or parachute.
I could try for that achievement over and over for hours on end. In fact I have! I refuse to do it on a zipline. I wanna do it off a glider goddamit.

I found a save glitch that gave me every trophy for PS3 Socom all at once. pretty ridiculous. That's 1 platinum I didn't have to work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Playnft