What did you do on the weekend?

Bretimus_v2 said:
Dang whipper snappers. Celebrated 35 on Sunday. My kids got me a board game and a nerf gun...because I'm an adult.

Which board game?

Geez, I had no idea we had so many kids on this forum. I'm 38 :p

I swing back and forth between feeling like I'm in my mid-20's and feeling like I'm about 110, depending on how hard work, the kids, and life in general have been on me that particular day.

I went to a friend's Halloween themed party on Saturday. I dressed as Kylo Ren from Star Wars while my partner dressed as Supergirl. I'll post photos later when I get them.

On Sunday I did a great deal of bugger all. Spent some time in the kitchen cooking and making my lunches for the week, played a lot of Batman: Return to Arkham for PS4. Finished Arkham Asylum and now onto Arkham City.

My partner is ill, unfortunately, she's sick with tonsillitis I think.

I went to a beerfest/90's punk concert. I got really drunk and went into the moshpit while Goldfinger played, collided with some guy, and he got knocked off his feet and had to be dragged out by his friends.

Good times.

My two friends are "those guys" in the pit.

We call them the Bash Brothers. When they used to get going we just went to the bar and await the carnage that inevitably ensued.

I had a quiet weekend, which was nice.

Friday night I had dinner with some friends and saw Doctor Strange.

Saturday, my partner and I went out shopping. When we got home, I cleaned the downstairs bathroom. We had a roast dinner with family at home that night... and I also got the special edition of Skyrim as well as Dark Soul III's new DLC.

Sunday was pretty laid back too. We went to the Christening of my cousin's third child, came home and I cooked my lunches for the week. Only did half a batch this week as this Thursday, I'm off interstate for PAX AUS! I'm so keen. :) Spent Sunday night playing Skyrim after doing all the dishes.

Last night I went over to my sister's to carve pumpkins for an hour.

12 hours later I woke up. Apparently we drank almost an entire bottle of Early Times whiskey. I don't remember a few hours of it all.

Ah losing memories on whiskey! Lovely weekend!

I went to a scream park on Friday night. Various themed haunted houses with actors inside doing what they do best - cheap jump scare tactics in the dark - fuckers.

I made lots of grey hairs that night.

Had a couple of friends over on Saturday, ostensibly to play a really long, Halloween-appropriate board game (Fury of Dracula), but due to my kids being ornery and rambunctious and their baby fighting her nap the whole time we opted for something shorter, yet still Halloween-appropriate (Ghost Stories). We almost won the game but there were just too many ghosts and we were totally overrun. Still a fun time though.

We followed up with a game of Batman Love Letter which was really close but one of our friends ended up winning. They had to leave shortly thereafter. Had pizza for dinner that night, which was tasty.

Sunday was just a bunch of busywork for the most part. Recycling cans, shopping, child care, etc. Nothing special.

Nice! Fury is a great game. Never played the other two. I'll have to try them at the game library/cafe in Omaha. Played a couple games of Pandemic with friends. Went trick or treating with a stickman, Harry Potter and a Princess. She told multiple people that I was going as a hot dad. Super embarrassing on the street. More embarrassing at my work.

I had a pretty big weekend. I traveled interstate to Melbourne, Victoria with my partner, my brother, his partner and two mates of ours to attend PAX AUS 2016.

Massive weekend, I am exhausted. Just got home late last night. Our days consisted of early mornings, lots of walking, late nights, and then I went and did some judo.

I got heaps of photos... so here's a few.

1%20-%20Welcome%20Home_zpsdvtpahs9.jpg

We arrived a day early to go check out the venue as well as pick some stuff up.

2%20-%20emily%20throne_zpsldvxxpgk.jpg

They were promoting Dishonored II with Emily's throne, so I sat on it like the weirdo that I am.

3%20-%20jordan%20axis%20of%20awesome_zpsjrpbfcma.jpg

My partner and I met Jordan from the Australian comedic band, Axis of Awesome. They were really good. My partner is also cosplaying as Harley Quinn, not the Suicide Squad version, thankfully.

4%20-%20ciri%20and%20harley_zpsutuadka5.jpg

My partner as Harley Quinn, getting a photo with someone cosplaying as Ciri.

5%20-%20batman_zpsyaj7nytz.jpg

We met this fella, "The Batman of Melbourne City". This guy's costume was amazing, looked dead on like the movie. Apparently he does this as a job, attending children's birthday parties, charity events etc. dressed as Batman.

6%20-%20make%20a%20strip_zpsoqgbe1ik.jpg

I'm a big fan of Penny Arcade, so we attended all of their panels, including their Make A Strip panel.

7%20-%20judo_zpsv1qxrkne.jpg

At the end of the trip and after PAX, I was invited to come train at the Senshi Academy, a mixed martial arts club in Melbourne that specializes in judo, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, MMA and muay thai. I'm here with Ivo Dos Santos, an Australian judoka who competed at the 2012 London Olympics. He's the head coach of Senshi Academy's judo and a co-owner of the academy as well. I had such a great time training here.

And that was my weekend. :)

Way to put our weekends to shame Craig - bastard! :p

Looks awesome! Loving the Penny Arcade live draw.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod