What Are You Playing? - The Official Thread

I should try and get back into Prey. I was enjoying it, but I haven't played it since I took a break from it to play Uncharted 4: A Thief's End... and then Horizon Zero Dawn.

I returned Torment: Tides of Numerera for PS4 and exchanged it for ARMS on the Nintendo Switch. ARMS is pretty fun, actually... it's a simple combat system that at the same time, is surprisingly deep and strategic. In terms of game modes and such, it is a bit shallow.

Looking for something I could easily pass the time with on my Vita, I downloaded The Swindle and now I don't want to stop playing it! It's hard, and the controls can be a bit frustrating at times, but overall I'm really enjoying it.

Injustice 2 for PS4 was on sale recently at the shop, so I picked it up. Played it at a friend's house and I really enjoyed it.

I've spent a fair bit of time in the multiverse but recently, my partner and I played the single player story campaign together. We've almost finished, I believe.

I'm quite surprised. It's a lot of fun. Deadshot sucks.

Just finished Firewatch. I never had a chance before but I picked it up during Steam's summer sale. I was hypnotized by this game. I find myself liking more and more those "walking simulator" with strong narrative like Gone Home and The Stanley Parable (despite some of them being a bit too self-comtemplative, like Dear Esther in my opinion). This one is a highlight for sure. Grounded and compelling story, characters you care about from the first moments, stellar writing and beautiful graphics. The ending did not bother as much as other people as I can see on some reviews and forums. Felt perfect to me and much more like real life where you can't just manipulate your way into a "perfect ending" like it is possible to do in recent games where you have a "choice" and an impact on the events unfolding before you.

If anyone has suggestions for similar games, I'm all ears!

^ You ever played Everyone's Gone to the Rapture? Very good narrative in that one! Brilliant voice acting too. Shouldn't be too expensive now I dont think...? It was free on PS Plus a while back.

Yep, played it already. I remember being so into this game that I forgot what time it was. I must have gone to sleep at 4am! I was unable to let it go and just start again in the morning. The ending was a bit too confusing and abstact though. But it was so fun to discover those people's lives one conversation at a time. I wish the walking speed wasn't so slow as travelling back to uncover something you forgot was a massive pain in the ass!

I was the same, couldn't put it down. Played it through in one whole run one day. The story was so immersive, and my intrigue levels were through the roof! Loved finding all the "memories" scattered around the town, revealing bit by bit what happened - some parts were very sad!
Collecting trophies was a pain afterwards due to the walking speed though - sheeesh!

Both great games, but Firewatch really wrapped me up. I couldn't stop playing it.

Been playing a lot of Injustice 2 when I get free time.

Playing through Crash Bandicoot trilogy - it's a blast!

It's quite amazing how they managed to recreate it pretty much inch perfect. I still have the problems in the same levels I did 20 years ago (those damn tribesmen in Hog Wild!)

Finished the first, and am on the 2nd. They even included the subtle moving differences between the two games (Crash moves a tad faster...things like that). And they still have the slide jump - love that move.

Got to play some Lawbreakers Beta today.. Its come a long way from the alpha version and made sick map & mechanic improvements, but it lost the character voices I feel in love with :( oh well..

More vids to come

I've been hooked on The legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild...lets just say works not the only thing that's keeping from sleeping much lately

I played through Batman Arkham Origins which was sitting in my backlog and was amazed how good it was. I hadn't heard anything good said about it so I was rather surprised that it was this good. Goes to show once again that haters voices are louder than anything else. The detective mode was especially great improvement over the previous games and the story was much better than in Arkham City. I loved the younger and more brutal Batman who thinks he should work alone and who makes plenty of mistakes that older and wiser Batman wouldn't make.

It inspired me to get Batman Arkham Knight which right away blew Origins out of water. It runs poorly occasionally but mostly it's bliss, the best Batman experience so far.

I'm playing Ratchet and Clank (PS4) right now and it's pretty good! I played all the other games in the series but skipped this one for some reason and it was 9.99$ on PS Store so I had no reason to pass it up this time around. The game itself is basically the same as all to others, which is not a bad thing, and the graphics are really stunning. The wacky humor and the characters are as great as ever (Captain Qwark steals the show) and the weapons are once again funny and original. I can't believe how they keep creating those (The pixelizer and the return of one of my favorite, The Groovitron!). Good fun worth the price tags despite being a bit short (around 10h).

I've started playing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild's DLC, Trial of the Sword.

It's really hard.

The trials are split into three trials. I've finished the first two, but the last trial is damn near impossible at the end. The problem with the trials (or the challenge, I suppose) is that you start with nothing, none of your gear, and essentially have to rebuild from the ground up. Food is limited and opportunities to cook don't come by very often. I don't know how far I was into it last time but I died and lost all my progress.

Might try again on the weekend. I want that maxed out master sword.

qgcT3si.jpg

FUCKING ANNHIALATED!!!

This weekend when I had a bit of free time in one chunk, I started up Deadpool on my PS4, which I've had for a while when it went on a really good sale, but have not had the time to play. It's fun, but nothing spectacular. The oddball humor is what keeps you playing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133