What are ya playing?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by used44, Oct 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

Picked up Injustice 2 yesterday and played a bit of the story. Fun so far. It's a little jarring at how different some of the characters look compared to the first game, especially Superman who almost looks like a kid facially, at least in a couple of the scenes. So far the characters I've used play almost identically to the way they did in the first game, which is not surprising. The stages are pretty impressive looking, though it can be hard to notice objects that can be interacted with in some cases.

2. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I want to get Injustice 2, but it's one of those games that I "wanna play, but don't wanna pay". Maybe I'll get it when, or if it goes on a sale later down the track. I mostly just wanna play it for the single player.

Apparently most of the game play mechanics are the same as the first one, including combos, move sets etc. A very "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" feature, I think. I heard there are some minor new additions to game play, though.

3. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

4. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

Yeah, if it hadn't been for my wife liking the first one, I would have waited for a price drop before picking up this one. And you are spot on about the mechanics. Most of the combos are exactly the same, as are the special moves, although I think out of the (currently small) number of characters I have used, I think Flash has some new special moves. Also they have changed all the super attack and throw animations.

The gear mechanic is pretty cool, though there is a level system to it, so your character needs to be high enough level to equip the items. Seem to get level 20 gear at the end of each chapter of the story, but currently my highest level character is level 4 :/

Overall enjoying it though.

5. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Like Craig, I just want to rent it for a weekend with friends, though I haven't actually rented a game since last generation.

A bunch of characters being locked behind the $100 version also turns me off.

6. osaco

osaco Rookie

7. Master_Craig

Staff Member

I'm back into Horizon Zero Dawn. Hot damn, the story is getting good.

I find myself desperately needing new gear though, but it's expensive to buy. Tips?

8. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Just grabbed AC Black Flag in the deals. Playing through it again and hoping to plat it this time! YArr HARRR OL' BILLY RILEY!!

9. cyberjim2000

cyberjim2000 Veteran

It's down to Trinidad to see Sally Brown boys!~

Roll Boys! Roll boys roll!~

Been playing through Deus Ex: Mankind Burglar Simulator. I'm enjoying it so far though after hearing that I'm close to the end, I can see why people are upset about it being smaller in scope. Dunno, just not a Deus Ex game if you're not in some sort of distopian futuristic Asian city.

10. Master_Craig

Staff Member

I have a huge urge to play Overwatch again on the PS4. Does anyone here still play?

I might reinstall it, but I'll have to redownload all the patches and stuff.

11. Nyx Zamora

Nyx Zamora Rookie

The Sims 4 :)

Jonathan_Leack likes this.
  12. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

PC bro...

13. Death5talker45

I am still playing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition... I bought my 25 year old son Injustice 2 and he should get it today:cool:

14. The_bad_who

The_bad_who Novice

Assassin's Creed Syndicate. Had it sitting on my shelf for a whole but never had the heart to play it after being disappointed by Unity. I must say I enjoy it more than I though though.

15. x_y

x_y Rookie

i'm going hard back into New Vegas. just about to start the DLCs. it's hard to state how much more i like NV than Fallout 4.

16. Ashalar

Ashalar Novice

On Xbox One: Still trying to finish up the Watch_Dogs 2 campaign.
    On PS4: Just finished AC4 Black Flag, might go back into Destiny with my mates as a lead up to Destiny 2 this September.
    On PC: Still on Starcraft II Co-op, running mods for Sins of a Solar Empire (Armada 3 and Prophets). Also, the backer-beta is up for Battletech, which has been taking a good chunk of my time these past few days.

17. Jonathan_Leack

Jonathan_Leack Former Executive Editor

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam is a surprisingly good game. I'm hooked.

18. Master_Craig

Staff Member

Now that I've finished Horizon Zero Dawn for the PS4, I'm not really sure what to play. I could go back to Prey (also for PS4) but honestly I don't really feel like it.

19. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Monster Hunter: Generations on 3DS.

I feel like I try to get into MH and MH-styled games once every two years or so. This one is supposed to be "the most accessible ever" yet I still feel like I need a guide to get through the tutorials and very first batch of missions. It's pretty ridiculous.

20. Griffin_Vacheron

Has happened to me numerous times as well. I remember getting extremely hype about Tri on Wii, I pre-ordered, and then it never grabbed me. My brother is going wild over the new Switch version though, so perhaps I'll try again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.