The Game Opinion Game

Guan_Yu

Rookie
Simple game, just give some opinions on the previously posted game, then post a new title for someone else to discuss.

Rules:
-If you've never played the last game that was posted, please kindly refrain from giving your thoughts on it. Otherwise this thread will be filled with messages like "never played it lol", and that's just boring.
-If it's been over 12 hours and no one has shared their opinion on the last game posted, someone may list a new game.
-No repeats. Or at least try not to, ya goobers.

I'll start with Fallout: New Vegas.

Fun game, felt more like Fallout 3 than Fallout 3 did. Plus, the glitches are interesting. Ever got beaten up by a dead hooker?

Final Fantasy I

Really good, however it's mandatory to have a white mage in order to beat it (which I didn't know on my first run-through) Still great, but Square outdid themselves multiple times over

Okami

Strictly for pretentious assholes. Holds your hand through the whole game.

NBA Jam

Gorgeous game and pretty fun too. It was way more open-ended and challenging than I was expecting, which I enjoyed. Definitely an iconic PC game.

Diablo III

It got great lore and is an interesting game but overhyped before released. The plot could use more work though, way too much cliché but at least the writing for everything else is pretty fun! I love heading to the taverns and hear the gossips. It's actually a enjoyable game game play wise as well.

Bayonetta

A very fun and fast-paced game that breathed a lot of life into the action genre. I loved the gameplay, but the plot was completely nonsensical, the writing was pretty crappy, and a lot of the sexual stuff was downright embarrassing to me. Still, the game is so fun that it's easy to forgive the incredible cheesiness. I will never forgive Nintendo for taking the sequel away from me :cry:

Earthworm Jim

EWJ is one of those games that I think I would like but I couldn't really get into. I mean, I liked the animated series a lot. I guess it's mainly because I've played it at a friend's house and don't have any attachment to play the game.

Sam and Max (DOS)

It's been well over 12 hours and unfortunately I've never played Sam and Max, so I'll post a new game. cyberjim's avatar reminded me of a staple of my gaming adolescence, so I have to go with my favorite of the series.

Dynasty Warriors 3

The first one I played, and probably have spent the most time playing. I've recently been playing it with a gameshark on a fresh save. Still fun, and watching the opening video with Meng Huo playing every role is still funny. When we first bought this game, only my dad had a PS2, so every other week when we got to go to his house, you can bet my brothers and I fought over this. One of my fondest memories of old GR was when I had my grandpa help me print off some cheats for it, and we ended up printing ALL of them, which took up several pages. He said it was alright, as long as I used them. Yes sir!

Taking a risk here and saying Warioland 4.

Warioland 4 was never going to live up to Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins, but damn if it didn't try. I don't have too many fond memories of the game because I rented it from Blockbuster, but it must be held in high-enough regard to be included with the Ambassador program games on 3DS.

Vanquish? Anyone played Vanquish?
If not that then Street Fighter 3: Third Strike

Vanquish is a gem of a game that slipped by my radar for a while. I love this game intensely. My only problem with it was that it was a bit on the short side and there was no multiplayer. Also silly plot and writing but what else is new. The characters were ridiculous but I absolutely loved them. I have never played anything like it and I pray for a sequel. I mean you play an American super-soldier who slides around on his knees in a jet-propelled robot suit while shooting Russian robots and kicking other robots in the face, so they had my number for this one. Great bosses too, even though a lot of them get recycled a few times. I must have played through it around ten times because I just couldn't get enough of the combat. A wonderful game overall.

I think people's avatars are getting to me, because the only game I can think of right now is Red Dead Redemption, so,

Red Dead Redemption

Redemption was a great game in a lot of aspects, but at the same time sorta feels lacking. Compared to stuff like San Andreas and GTA4, the singleplayer feels a little noncommittal with its characters and such. While it's more about John than anyone else, like you meet a character randomly, do two missions with them, and then never see them again. Compared to games where you have consistent supporting characters throughout, it's a bit noticeable.

As for the multiplayer, really fun, except the high powered pistol and bolt action rifle are both ridiculously overpowered, which takes a lot of fun away from freeroam since any kid can just blow your head off from half a mile away or kill you in two shots.

Still a great game overall though. The gameplay and such is about as good as third person shooters get.

And don't worry, I'm not going to go super obscure for my game.
Hitman: Blood Money

Blood Money in my opinion is the best game in the Hitman series. My most memorable memory of the game was knocking out a clown in the neighborhood level and taking his clothes. As I approach the house, the Apocalypse music came on and it felt epic even though 47 is dress as a clown. It feels like as technology progress the more open ended the series get. Hopefully they'll continue the trend with Absolution.

Hmm... how about Ace Attorney?

There's a point in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare where I never want the game to end. It's somewhere towards the finale and I just hope and pray that the campaign goes on forever. Seriously, please don't ever make another Call of Duty after this.... *FUCK*

The reality is that this is the title that had the most promising, entertaining, and thoughtful single-player campaign, but it ultimately only served as a springboard for multiplayer to take over the series... and it's not even like the multiplayer is great in every following installment.

Honestly, if I could have the campaign of MW1 and the multiplayer of MW2, you'd have your perfect Call of Duty and you'd never ever have to do anything else ever because people could play that game forever and ever. The End.

Sonic The Hedgehog 3
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_3

Eh, compared to Sonic 2, 3 was not as memorable. I mean, sure it had Knuckles in it but other than that, there is nothing truly memorable about the game, no huge levels, no cool bonus levels, just an adequate platformer that brought nothing to the table.

Sonic and Knuckes, however, did. Its a shame a direct sequel made the game more memorable...

Anyway,

Final Fantasy VII

FFVII kept me interested for a month after I brought it but nowadays I felt it was overrated. It's definitely a good RPG. It's debatable if it's the best RPG on the PS1 console. However, it's hardly the best RPG of all time.

TES III: Morrowind

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133