So.... Dragon Age 2?

In case you haven't heard yet, Dragon Age 2 was announced pretty recently. Not much has been revealed aside from a website sporting the concept art and a few little facts.

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/ ... ge-ii.aspx ( in case you're too cool to google).

From what I've heard, it seems like Bioware is taking the game in a much more Mass Effect esque approach...

I'm trying to stay open minded about this game, but the one thing I'm trying to comprehend is why they would remove such a key component to the original game (cough, origins and races, cough) and completely scrap it from the sequel. Its fucking nuts.

Opinions? comments?
anything?

Well they said it'll be more of an action RPG approach, but in interviews they've also said they don't want to lose their core fans that they got from Origins. That means, to me, that it's gonna be the same good plot, good characters, and good leveling system but will have tweaks to make it a bit more console accessable. In short, as long as it stays the same basic Dragon Age but has tweaks to make the console gameplay better, yes please!

From the little information I've seen, the only disappointment comes from the lack of race selection. I'm really hoping this isn't some sort of cash in.

Well, Origins was the opening to the series, right. It was about a mythic character.

Now we get the Sword and Sorcery story over the Epic Fantasy story, the personal story of Hawke.

It could be good, since we still shape how he/she looks, acts, and things like that, plus his/her profession. So it's not that big of a change.

LinksOcarina said:
It could be good, since we still shape how he looks, acts, and things like that, plus his profession. So it's not that big of a change.
I bolded what i'm unhappy with.

Great, so Bioware is just doing whatever they can to remove the actual RPG part of their games. And they're also taking the Mass Effect route for dialogue, with a handful of generic canned responses instead of picking the response word for word, which is better for a fucking RPG.

madster111 said:
LinksOcarina said:
It could be good, since we still shape how he looks, acts, and things like that, plus his profession. So it's not that big of a change.
I bolded what i'm unhappy with.

Weeeelllll, you can actually pick Hawke's gender. I recall them saying that in an interview. So at least there is still that(?).

I'm about 50-50 with character gender. Usually in my first play through I play as a girl because if I'm gonna be staring at an ass it might as well be a girl's, but my second play through I tend to make a guy. The character I actually beat Dragon Age with was my male character, but then again my girl was a caster and she got boring so I made a male warrior who pwned.

I really hope the mage class in DA2 will be better

schimmel said:
I'm about 50-50 with character gender. Usually in my first play through I play as a girl because if I'm gonna be staring at an ass it might as well be a girl's
Same, then there's the armor mods.

schimmel said:
I'm about 50-50 with character gender. Usually in my first play through I play as a girl because if I'm gonna be staring at an ass it might as well be a girl's,

thats what i love about having a wife who plays video games and still weighs below 150 lbs ... when i get tired of looking at male pixel asses i can look at hers!

I really liked Dragon Age. I am a tiny bit sad that I can't choose my race in 2, but I'm sure that the game will be great even if I am forced to be a human. I will probably just try to convince myself that it's basically a completely different game that has just about nothing to do with the original. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo