Self-Promotion - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jonathan_Leack, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Jonathan_Leack

Jonathan_Leack Former Executive Editor

In this thread you are welcome to share your YouTube videos, social media. etc.

2. StudioTan

StudioTan Regular

I'm not trying to promote myself, but get a load of this bs that happened to me last night:

Jonathan_Leack likes this.
  3. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

This is my channel. Havent posted for like a year but YEAH!!

Jonathan_Leack likes this.
  4. Jonathan_Leack

Subscribed.

5. UrbanMasque

UrbanMasque Everyone Wears a Mask

Trying to stream more

6. Jonathan_Leack

I always loved that song.

7. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

8. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Pretty awesome schedule, list.

Howard, in all honesty, if you ever need design work done (for free), hit me up and I can help you out.

If you're happy with what you've got, more power to you, my friend.

9. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Anything can be done with the Star Wars font!

10. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

obslayout.png

Well, that's my layout for retro games. If I play something that 16:9, I'll just play it full screen. I try my best to make everything on my own, but every now and then if I can't draw something, I'll ask someone for it (Master_Craig). I stream at 576p 60FPS, because most games (even SNES games) I play are 60FPS. My upload speed is too small for 72op.

11. CRONUS Employee

We are making a videogame!

[​IMG]

What is it: Modern tactical RPG, which is all about exploration and survival inside a locked-up territory, created by an ancient race of unknown origin. It is a spiritual successor to famous isometric RPGs of the early 00s.

Dates: Early access in 2019.

Who are we: Dark Crystal Games - an indie gamedev studio located in Saint-Petersburg. Currently, we have thirteen experienced developers, who worked on such projects as Divinity: Original Sin (DOSEE и DOS2), Life Is Feudal: Forest Village, Leviathan: The Last Day of The Decade, and also participated in developing games like King's Bounty: Legions, Braveland, and others.

Why are we here: To be brought to the light! To communicate. To answer any questions. To receive some feedback.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hi! We would like to tell you about the game we are currently working on.

Meet Encased - the postapocalyptic single-player tactical RPG with the old-school spirit and a modern design. It features a turn-based combat system and isometric camera.

The action takes place on in a desert covered with a gigantic semi-penetrable dome of mysterious origin, which isolate it from the rest of the world. Here lie the ruins of an ancient technologically advanced civilization that are filled with artifacts, traps, and anomalies.

[​IMG]

After the nuclear war, a corporation that was researching ancient technologies collapsed, and the remains of its staff founded a few factions, each having its own vision of humanity’s future.

Depending on the profession defined by the player during character creation, some unique dialogue and interaction options appear. Encased has no character classes - the flexible system of skills and attributes allows to make your character whoever you want.

Not counting the prologue, Encased is an open-world game. The global map consists of separately loaded areas, with random events that may occur during the translocation.

[​IMG]

During the development, we draw our inspiration from such pieces as Fallout 1-2 and "Roadside Picnic".

Although Encased is the first project for Dark Crystal Games, it is not the first game for our team members. Many of us participated in creating few critically acclaimed games.

For more information, feel free to check out our

Official Website:

http://darkcrystalgames.com/

Facebook Page:

https://www.facebook.com/darkcrystalhq/

Twitter:

https://twitter.com/darkcrystal_hq

12. Master_Craig

Staff Member

I've been drawing a lot lately, especially over this long weekend. I haven't drawn in ages and it's becoming a problem. If I want to draw again, then I have to do it.

Rather than try and be "original", I decided I'll just draw stuff that I like... that way, I can produce hopefully good drawings, while practicing and getting better. If you have me on Facebook or/and Instagram, you'll have probably seen these already. For the sake of the forum, I'll post low-res versions (screen shots from my own Instagram).

[​IMG]

The Ghost of Sparta, Kratos, based off the latest God of War. This was more an experiment with lighting and texture. Here's a bigger, high resolution version.

[​IMG]

An unmasked Spider-Man. This incarnation of Peter Parker is inspired by Tom Holland, but UghRochester reckons it looks more like Andrew Garfield. Here's a better, high resolution version.

[​IMG]

Thor, inspired by Thor: Ragnarok. The low res version does it no justice, so here's a better version.

And last but not least, Kylo Ren versus Finn from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. A high resolution version is right here.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  13. Master_Craig

Staff Member

[​IMG]

I tried drawing Lando Calrissian last night from the upcoming Solo: A Star Wars Story. I'm not entirely sure how to feel about the movie, personally I don't think it's necessary, and the guy they got playing Han Solo has impossibly big shoes to fill. That being said, Donald Glover / Childish Gambino is an absolutely perfect choice to play a younger Lando Calrissian.

I'm not happy with this drawing. Unfortunately, I failed to capture Donald's likeness in cartoon form and Lando's winning smile, which is essentially his trademark feature, sucks.

Still, it's a completed drawing and it's practice, and practice means learning and progress.

14. Master_Craig

Staff Member

Finished another drawing, this time of Spider-Man in his homemade outfit as seen in Spider-Man: Homecoming.

The finished picture:

[​IMG]

Here's the original sketch, which I drew freehand with lead pencil on paper, then going over it with a pen (so the scanner would pick it up). I didn't use a reference image for the pose or proportions, but I did use a reference for Spidey's outfit:

[​IMG]

The sketch is imported into Clip Studio Paint EX (previously known as Manga Studio), where I'll do both the line art and flat colours. Here's the line art:

[​IMG]

And then flat colours:

[​IMG]

After that, I do some basic shadow rendering:

[​IMG]

Once that's done, I'll do some detailed shadows:

[​IMG]
    To finish the piece off, I'll add in some lighting and some incredibly transparent textures:

[​IMG]

15. Master_Craig

Staff Member

I really need to stop spamming this thread but... here's a new drawing.

[​IMG]

"Meet Pete", inspired by the final trailer of Deadpool 2, which coincidentally, comes out this week.

I'm very happy with how this one turned out, and I absolutely love the reflection of Deadpool on Peter's goggles. I think I'm getting better at this new colouring technique, too.

Paul Tamburro likes this.
  16. Master_Craig

Staff Member

[​IMG]

Here's some Logan fan art. Hope you all like it.