Never say never

intoTheRain

Regular
THat's my advice to you today my game revolutionary friends.. Fight for forever, and your dreams will eventually come true. Why am I so optimistic today you ask?

Well, it just so happens I made masters league in Starcraft 2, and am currently ranked 7th in my division, with almost 3000 points.

I quit Starcraft 2 to play World of Warcraft for about 2 months when Cataclysm was released.. I got bored of that super fast and came back to sc2. Man was i rusty just from that period away from the game, but I guess that happens in an RTS when it's only been out for a number of months as it is, strategies evolve, players get better.

My friend was like get masters and I'll be impressed, I was like pshhhah, easy. As it so happens, not very easy. I felt like a nub when I came back, so rusty, but I wouldn't quit, I would never say never, I would fight for forever. And I did, and today at about noon as I beat my 10th or so master player of the day, (this one in particular I was favored against, so i knew i was getting close), I clicked Success! and BAM, you have been promoted!

Felt good man.

So this isn't the PC forum, but that's ok because what I want you great fellas to tell me is. What is something you worked your ass off for, and eventually got what you wanted?

INSPIRE ME GAME REVOLUTION.

Let's ask my 100% completed games of this generation:

Uncharted
Uncharted 2
Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires
Resistance 2
Dead Space
Mini Ninjas
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time
Fallout 3
Call of Duty: World at War
Borderlands
Assassin's Creed II
DeathSpank
DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue
Linger in Shadows
Oblivion
Monkey Island 2 SE

And furthermore,

I've maxed every attribute besides Luck with a character on my PS3 copy of Oblivion.

I've beaten MGS4 without a continue, alert, using a healing item, or killing anyone.

And that's all that strikes my mind right now.

danielrbischoff said:
I have a job writing about video games.

/soinspiredrightnow

i opened the topic with getting masters in statcraft 2... and u try to follow it up with working for GR? don't ruin the topic please.

aim high.

Maybe you could try playing good games. Okay, I'm done.

Really, though, it's not very often when I need to put the whole fiber of my being into anything, because it's not very often when I think "I WANT this and I have to have it!" I'm a pretty happy guy, all things considered, part of which comes from my seemingly magical ability to make due with what I've got.

Longo_2_guns said:
Really, though, it's not very often when I need to put the whole fiber of my being into anything, because it's not very often when I think "I WANT this and I have to have it!" I'm a pretty happy guy, all things considered, part of which comes from my seemingly magical ability to make due with what I've got.

dawson.gif

I finished the main story line in Oblivion for the first time a couple days ago.
Felt excellent.

Remember, aim low children and you will succeed more often.

^ US department of education motto right there.

I'd love to do "video game" journalism except I'd be on my ass in a big hurry because of my, uh, style. I also live in a backwater, and 99.9% of the gaming industry is based on the west coast.

I've also never 100% anything, played any game on difficult harder than normal, or made an attempt to get all the little stupid crap that comes with games now adays. I wish Metro 2033 had another 2 hours of gameplay instead of achievements, but whatever, less for more is the call of games right now.

I'll beat the shit out of you in Call of duty 4 or 5 though, or any other MP game that isn't of this generation.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
I'll beat the s*** out of you in Call of duty 4 or 5 though, or any other MP game that isn't of this generation.
I object but you did just remind me that I'm a max level gold cross on CoD4 and I've completed every challenge. The very last one I finished was Carpet Bomb.

Is this supposed to be just about video game achievements? If not, then... uh, yeah.

Well, as far as video games go, this isn't quite inspirational, but I suppose everyone will laugh at it. I got Guitar Hero III (the only GH game I have), and I spent more time trying to get a decent score on Through the Fire and Flames on Hard-mode than I did any of the other songs on Expert. I don't particularly care for Dragonforce, but I find the song really fun to play. Please don't hate me.

Longo_2_guns said:
it's not very often when I think "I WANT this and I have to have it!"
Yeah, I think I actively try to want less. *philosophy*

I haven't had to pay a cell phone bill in over 8 years.

pictured below: the last of my new tech
877861.png

Oh, and I've gotten 100% on Resistance 2. My one and only platinum trophy, hold your applause.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133