Mortal Kombat 2011: Wait, Johnny Cage is awesome this time?

Guan_Yu

Rookie
How is there not a topic for this game yet? For those of you that don't know (all 2 of you), the Mortal Kombat series is getting a reboot. The biggest change from the last few entries in the series is that the game will return to its traditional 2D format. And it will have real fatalities. And ultra-violent x-ray moves. And it will feature just about every character from MK 1-3 (+ Quan Chi, for some reason). And it will include just about every classic stage, updated to nice current gen graphics of course. And almost, if not every stage will have unique stage fatalities. And it will have tag team matches. And the PS3 version will feature 3D support and Kratos from the God of War series as a bonus exclusive character. And it all runs at 60 frames per second. And it comes out in LESS THAN 2 WEEKS. DO YOU NOT SEE HOW FREAKING PUMPED YOU SHOULD BE. COME ON.

This game is any old school MK fan's wet dream. I am thoroughly impressed with everything that I have seen and played so far. If you have a PS3, download the demo already, ya turkey-head. Sorry 360 owners, no demo yet. The game will be in stores April 19th.

This game oozes with MK nostalgia. You know you want it.

Mortal-Kombat1.jpg

I'm quietly hopeful for it. I was won over by the fact that you can fight matches with no arms. No fucking arms.

Looks damn fun.

I just downloaded and played the demo on PS3. If you enjoyed it back in the day then you will enjoy this version. Same gameplay with over the top gore and violence. I won't be able to get it at release but maybe my brother will and we can fight like in the old days where MK battles would inevitably end up in actual fist fights.

I used to think Mortal Kombat was BETTER than Street Fighter, but I also used to listen to Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer and watch Sailor Moon..... If only I could go back in time and bitch-slap myself.

But as soon as I noticed my voice changing and I had more fur where there was no fur before I realised MK was nothing more than a bunch of creative fatalities and not a real fighting game.

And today... well... who cares... SFIV is awesome and this will be awesome. Both awesome but in their own separate ways 8) Long live democracy.

...and don't bring Tekken into this. Tekken stayed out of the war, it was all about SF vs MK.

Anyone go out and get this at launch? If so how is it?

Speaking of MK, has anyone watched the Legacy episodes? I just watched the first two and enjoyed what i saw. Was even a little pumped up by the end of the second episode. Eager to see where it goes.

I got it on launch day. It's the best Mortal Kombat game ever made and the most fun that I have had with a fighter in a long time. I love it.

WickedLiquid said:
I used to think Mortal Kombat was BETTER than Street Fighter

Umm, because it kind of was. MK has always been the fighting game I've best been able to get a grip on, and I suck at all fighting games, so that was kind of cool.

schimmel, I say this with love: shut your dirty whore mouth! Nah Portal 2 is pretty cool, my roommate went with me to the store on Tuesday and got it while I picked up MK. But MK is waaaaaay cooler :wink:

And Street Fighter is technically the better fighter, mainly because it is so very well balanced. But I, like used44, have way more fun with Mortal Kombat because I suck at most fighting games, so it is really nice to be able to pick up a game like Mortal Kombat and not get completely molestered.

Oh yeah, I got my first "Toasty!" today! Ahh, memories :cry:

Guan_Yu said:
Oh yeah, I got my first "Toasty!" today! Ahh, memories :cry:
That's still around? I laughed when I first heard that in Mortal Kombat II because it was completely random...I still laugh

Thinking about buying Mortal Kombat, not quite sure If I want to or not. Let see how I feel after play Assassin's Creed series.

It's good. Return to form from the previous titles, about a B id say.Street Fighter and MK had revivals the past few years, let's hope they keep up the good times for a while.

I missed out on the MK fanchise since it was forbidden in my household when I was a kid, but I did love me some tekken. Honestly can't remember playing a bad tekken game, I clearly remember being bad in various tekken matches but that's a different story.

Anybody else hate when someone would use Eddie Gordo but didn't know how to use him and would just basically sit on the ground the whole time.....

Sorry none of this is related to MK, heard the new one is awesome, would anybody say it's the best one?

Nasty gash on his leg there.

I'm not gonna get this straight away. If SF4 has taught me anything, it's see some reviews first before getting these games.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133