GR GOTY Community Choice Award [Semi-Finals]

WickedLiquid said:
MattAY said:
I have played none of these games.

I need to sort my life out.

We'll always have RE6 my good chum. Even if we're segregated by consoles.

MattAY, the Peirce to my Chris. *bro-five*

I'm Piers! He's way cooler 8)

...oh no wait...the end...AH well!

Green_Lantern said:
Pfft ME3 is winning...
Pimpin___Garrus_by_ZacicVolkshed.jpg

spartan317 said:
Mass Effect 3 does not Deserve game of the year.

I agree with that.

Watch next round Daniel will put The Walking Dead up against FarCry 3 and my heart will break.

For those of you who remain forum stalwarts or maybe you just missed the next batch in the Manifesto last night, here's round 2 and a bunch of text I'm not going to write all over again:
danielrbischoff said:
The first half of Round 1 is over. Our nominees fought hard and scratched for your votes, but ultimately four games will move on to the next round of our Community Choice tournament. Assassin's Creed III trounced Ghost Recon: Future Soldier by 31 votes. Mass Effect 3 tore a reaper sized hole through Hotline Miami 38-11. Dishonored snuck up and stabbed Civilization V expansion Gods & Kings, defeating the PC exclusive 40-6.

The real story in the first half of Round 1 was between Borderlands 2 and Sleeping Dogs. While both games captured the hearts and minds of gamers everywhere, Gearbox Software's RPG shooter took off to an early lead in the voting. That didn't stop Sleeping Dogs from keeping in lock-step and securing the votes of grumpy old men Longo_2_guns and Green_Lantern. It was the forums that helped Square Enix's Hong Kong action game to secure a tie. Late in the voting, Canadian tall-guy Wes swooped in for the breaker: Sleeping Dogs wins!

With the first 8 nominees sorted through the first round, it's time to look to the final 8 community nominees. Remember to vote for your favorites. You don't have to have played the games to vote and you don't have to vote in all four pairings if you don't want to. Here they are:
ZQzIx.jpg

X-COM: Enemy Unknown VS Halo 4
8qFGS.jpg

The Walking Dead VS Persona 4: Golden
GQ0w1.jpg

Max Payne 3 VS Journey
i0ZKk.jpg

Guild Wars 2 VS Retro City Rampage

The Walking Dead.The Walking Dead.The Walking Dead.The Walking Dead.

:banana:

Here's the post from the front page.

As the dust settled on Round 1, it became apparent that the nominees had one job to do: secure a lead early and hold on to it for dear life. That's exactly what happened between community favorites Journey and X-COM: Enemy Unknown. Despite being up against a blockbuster franchises from Rockstar Games and Microsoft Studios, the scarved, hooded mountain people and alien-threat eliminators will continue on to the next round.

Guild Wars 2 also stuck to this strategy, beating out Retro City Rampage for the hearts and minds of our impressionable community members. Hey, at least you don't have to pay a subscription fee to keep voting, right? Finally, The Walking Dead ate the brains of the entire Investigation Team and at least 40 other shoppers at Junes, leaving Persona 4: Golden to try a new line of work outside the TV World.

Now on to Round 2. If your favorite got eliminated, don't stop voting. Help a rival game defeat your nemesis or maybe throw your weight behind a game you only just picked up! As always, remember to vote for the game you want to be this year's Community Choice Game of the Year.

Dishonored VS Assassin's Creed III
goty-community-dis-ac3.jpg

Journey VS X-COM: Enemy Unknown

goty-community-journey-xcom.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo