GR Competitors

GR old school stream races! First to Mario 16 stars - GO!! Start streams guys ;)

MattAY said:
I would think if you're going to do livestreams etc, you need more than one person. There's nothing more annoying than awkward silence or awkward filler.

I certainly agree. I mean no offence or disrespect toward UghRochester at all, but I think when it comes to video game commentary it's much more entertaining to have at least two people on board rather than just one. The back and forth banter, whether it's them being silly and funny or actually discussing the game with one another. Having that interaction between two presenters/speakers may just make the video more engaging than just one.

At the very least, Ugh is offering services of live stream and he's experienced in that already I believe?

UrbanMasque said:
So.. seeing as how everyone except ugh is sooo unwilling to talk about streaming to anywhere other than Twitch - I'd like to talk about a little known feature here on Ustream.

Its called Channel Managers.

Basically, I have one master username, lets call it - GameRev. nested under that account I can make a channel and give specific users (without giving them my login credentials) access to stream to my channel, manage the VODs and auto-recorded streams, schedule events, and edit the page. If you are worried about someone streaming penises you can revoke their access and kill their feed.

additionally, you can program pre-recorded videos to stream live at certain times - as if your scheduling programing into your channel.

Just something to consider.

That's actually a very cool idea man. I dig it. I'm very unfamiliar with live streaming but I like the idea of pre-recorded videos playing live at certain times. That's a nifty feature.

I think your idea UrbanMasque is something that is very worth considering. I like it.

In all honesty, the community playdates were a goldmine for video content, the halo match was a blast, and in terms of commentary, half the time we were pissing ourselves laughing, usually at Dans driving.

Have that as a weekly video feature, open it up to signups, have a variety of games and times used, depending on who's playing you may have to censor some audio, but still, it'll bring people to the site if they get to have a crack at tea bagging one of the site admins and having that glorious moment shown to the world

and ustream, twitch whatever, to be honest I find solo gaming lets plays and things like that overdone and rarely entertaining

That's a cool idea, Icepick. Those community multiplayer events to make a video out of it would be awesome.

I also agree, the usual solo "Let's Play" videos are generally overly done and are most of the time not that entertaining.

I think when it comes to entertaining "Let's Play" videos, there's gotta be at least two people, there has to be humour between the two (not overly done or on purpose either, but just jokes and stuff, not really "trying" if that makes sense) and I find a lot of Let's Play videos, whether they're solo or duet, they go for way too long. I think the absolute maximum for these kind of videos should be ten minutes max, and I think even that is pushing it.

Yeah, that massive Halo party we had a year ago was great. You guys aren't big arseholes as youre making out to be! ;)

Just play with some stuff, maybe get a trailer out there for subscribers on various sites.

I wished we could do another GR community playdate, but Daniel doesn't own an Xbox 360 anymore.

Yeah, I don't like keeping multiple consoles around. Once a generation rolls around I tend to only keep one box and tailor whatever library I have to it. For example, because PS+ keeps giving me free games for my PS3, that was the machine that stayed.

My 360 was ancient too, sounded terrible and had more crashes/was pretty beat up. I had a lot of games for 360 but I sold so many of them over the years that it wasn't hard to get rid of.

I did not get as much money as I could have, but I was motivated to get it out the door as soon as I could.

Master_Craig said:
That's actually a very cool idea man. I dig it. I'm very unfamiliar with live streaming but I like the idea of pre-recorded videos playing live at certain times. That's a nifty feature.

I think your idea UrbanMasque is something that is very worth considering. I like it.

Wikia uses this the best. And you'd have no idea it wasn't live b/c they schedule in events as well.

http://www.ustream.tv/wikia

Shame the TF2 meet up didn't work out like planned. Because that would be fun to livestream.

That or L4D or something.

PC is easy.

I remember me, firewal and gamecube had a super long game of civ 2, it being freeware, and allowing large online groups, I say we gather up the crew and play

winner becomes mod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod