Game Revolutions Top 100 games of all time

GhostTrip

Rookie
Now, if anyone wishes to write a short review on why they like a certain game or why they feel it belongs on the top 100 list of all time, please PM me and I'll be glad to add your review.

You can review as many games as you like! Ask first though and I'll let you know if you can write it or if it didn't make the list or it's taken. Remember, first come first serve.

Every so often, the list will update until we get to the top ten. Some games on this list I haven't actually played and writing a short review for each game takes time. So the more contribution I get, the more frequent I'll be able to update the list.

First, let's tip our hat to some honorable mentions. 25 games that just couldn't quite crack the list and make it into the top spot.

#125 Mega Man 2 (41 points)
#124 TMNT: Turtles in Time (46 points)
#123 Gears of War 2 (49 points)
#122 Warcraft 2 (50 points)
#121 Legend of Zelda (54 points)
#120 Psychonuts (56 points)
#119 Earthworm Jim (57 points)
#118 Secret of Mana (59 points)
#117 Grand Theft Auto 3 (61 points)
#116 Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal (63 points)
#115 Trauma Center (64 points)
#114 Pokemon Crystal (65 points)
#113 Mech Warrior 2 (67 points)
#112 Warcraft 3 (69 points)
#111 Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask (70 points)
#110 Pokemon Blue (71 points)
#109 Doom 3 (74 points)
#108 Dead Space (76 points)
#107 Ninja Gaiden (77 points)
#106 Resistance 2 (79 points)
#105 Final Fantasy IV (II US) (80 points)
#104 Mario Kart 64 (83 points)
#103 Assassin’s Creed (84 points)
#102 Viewtiful Joe (86 points)
#101 Resident Evil 2 (87 points)

Since these games didn't make the list they don't get reviewed. Nor are they accompanied by any pics. Even though they didn't make the list, almost 450 games were nominated so congrats to them all for coming so close.

ouch.. megaman 2 is alll the way down... :?

Can't wait to know which one is number one...

I'm surprised about MechWarrior 2, Warcraft, and Zelda, especially.. but there are only a handful of games better than those.

Viewtiful Joe...noooo :(

How does the point system work?

By the way thanks for doing this Ghost, must have taken a while haha!

Other than the Warcraft games, none of these surprise/dissapoint me. I guess that's what happens when people set down their noobsticks and get online, though.

MattAY said:
By the way thanks for doing this Ghost, must have taken a while haha!
First game on the top 20 list recieved 30 points, #2 recived 29, #3 recieved 28, etc. Finally #20 recieved 10 points.
Top 3 in each slot went like this
#1 = 9 points
#2 = 6 points
#3 = 3 points

And yes, it took a long time considering how many extra games were involved. Anyways, let's start this thing, shall we?

Jade Empire
(Xbox)
88 points
jadeempiredn8.jpg

Marrying the appeal of old school martial arts and the role-playing mechanics of every table-top game, Jade Empire was a hallmark title for the X-Box when it was released. The same engine that powered the critically acclaimed Knights of the Old Republic brought life into this entertaining one shot, that, despite some flaws, was a truly fun game to wade through. Using different combat styles, from weapons to hand techniques to magical transformations, in the hybrid world of fantasy and reality based on the zen teachings of ancient China, Jade Empire definitely carved a niche on the system, making it a memorable experience.

Review by LinksOcarina

---------------------------------------------------------------

Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door
(GCN)
89 points
papermariothousandyeardtu2.jpg

Mario returns in Paper form once again on the Gamecube! After enjoying some R & R with his bro Luigi, Mario travels to Rougeport to meet up with Peach and find a sacred buried treasure. When Peach is kidnapped by an unknown group of thugs, Mario finds himself on an adventure that will take him through several trails of danger, action and mystery. Full of RPG fun, a touching story and loads of bonus material including mini games with the king koopa himself, its no wonder this RPG makes the list.

Review by Wes

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
(DS)
91 pts
legendofzeldaphantomhouof9.png

Proving that Wind Waker was a successful installment in the Zelda franchise, Phantom Hourglass is a sequel to the game. It’s heavily debated if the Zelda series connect story wise or if they’re each separate games like Final Fantasy. Regardless, some games are direct sequels from previous adventures such as Phantom Hourglass. The game gave gamers the 3D cartoon look they enjoyed from Wind Waker, mixed with a 2D bird’s eye view you’d find in the old school games. The stylus works wonders and flows with ease making the game play outstanding. The story, as always, is epic and works on many levels.

It’s one of, if not the best, Nintendo DS game and it deserves a spot on the top 100 list.

Review by white-noise

Jak II
(PS2)
92 points
256pxjakiiboxgx8.jpg

Jak is back. And he’s gone to the dark side. Experiments with Dark Eco gone wrong leave Jak with an uncontrollable evil dark powers. Armed with powerful weapons, a high-tech jetboard, an impenetrable mech suit, and a number of vehicles at your disposal, you have no excuse for failure or boredom.

Star Wars Galaxies
(PC)
93 pts
starwarsgalaxiesfx0.png

Before irreconcilable differences destroyed the online universe of Star Wars, it had a lot of promise. You can basically do what you wanted, from a dancing pink Wookie to a yellow Twii-Lek bounty hunter, and if your lucky enough, become a Jedi. Even if you sided with the empire or the rebellion, It was graphically a strong game and at the time very ambitious, and thanks to the devout following online, it is not surprising to see the online experience finally go that galaxy far, far away.

Review by LinksOcarina

Fallout 3
(PC/PS3/XBOX)
95 pts
fallout3uq5.jpg

Although it's still in it's infancy, the impact Fallout 3 has had on gamers is enormous. The sprawling, destroyed D.C is brimming with life in the most unexpected ways, mainly due to mutant cockroaches and feral ghouls. But beyond the cyber-punk and dystopian elements is a deep, engrossing experience that will no doubt suck players in for long hours, exploring the wastelands for your own treasures. Yes, it may be like Oblivion, but since when is that a reason to criticize a game?

Deus Ex
(PC)
96 pts
deusexss2.jpg

In a world gone mad, peacekeeping agent JC Denton is righteously enthusiastic, but hides it under a trench coat and sunglasses to fit in with a dystopian future. Ruled by large corporations hiding in the shadows, JC is a newly instated bionic agent to the UNATCO (United Nations Anti-Terrorist Coalition). Through your adventure, you’ll discover supposedly extinct conspiracies, alien technologies, hidden US bases, and organized crime rings. Add to that some free roaming with multiple paths that lead to different endings and you’ve got a solid game.

Little Big Planet
(PS3)
97 pts
littlebigplanetau5.jpg

Creation is thrown around a lot these days. But with Little Big Planet we learn that too much is never enough. Building and customizing your own levels to play online and share with the world has never been more fun. The single player acts almost as a tutorial for the big pay off on bringing out your inner game designer. Little Big Planet inspires creativity and showcases your talents to the world. And how can that be a bad thing?

Super Mario Bros 2
(NES)
99 pts
supermariobros2wu1.jpg

While technically not a Super Mario game at all, fans today still love to take the plumber through this platforming adventure game. The original game released in Japan was very similar to the first game, only with harder levels. Some gamers feel the NA/Europe version is better because it is so much more different from the original game and offers a different game play experience. Regardless of its critique, it manages to find a spot on the top 100.

Unreal Tournament 2004
(PC)
100 pts
unrealtournamentqq2.jpg

Unreal Tournament 2004 took the original Unreal Tournament and fixed all the problems. They added in new games, brining the total up to 11. Assault, Capture the Flag, Double Domination, Death Match, Team Death Match, Invasion, Mutant, Last Man Standing and Onslaught are all available for your fragging pleasure. Lightning fast game play, pin-point accuracy and perfectly balanced weapons makes this as enjoyable experience for gamers world wide.

Nice Silent Hill 1 and 2 and Fatal Frame aren't in the bottom 100. Unless they didn't make the list at all!

LPB and Fallout 3 already cracking the list I see, good thing people realize that even recent things can be classics

10 bucks says #1 will be MGS, FFVII or OoT. It always is, except that one year it was FFVIII, which it should be.

I still think LBP looks like a LittleBigPieceofShit. It looks like customizable donkey kong, which was fun once ago, but not now.

Longo_2_guns said:
10 bucks says #1 will be MGS, FFVII or OoT. It always is, except that one year it was FFVIII, which it should be.

I'd comment on this, but I'd rather not give anything away.

GhostTrip said:
Longo_2_guns said:

I'd comment on this, but I'd rather not give anything away.

Id say all four of them are in the top 10, even though FFVII doesn't deserve it....

Kiristo said:
I still think LBP looks like a LittleBigPieceofShit. It looks like customizable donkey kong, which was fun once ago, but not now.

I still think you're an xbox fanboy butthurt over your myth of xbox having more and superior games breaking up. The side-scroller genre is still very much alive. I understand if you're unable to comprehend the concept that even a game that isn't an online FPS with the GoW-brown colour scheme can be decent, though.

Okay, knock it the fuck off. Seriously.

Zanker, not everyone who dislikes certain unique games is a frat-boy who only plays Halo and Gears of War. I'm glad to see your holier-than-thou attitude translates over into the gaming forums as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod