Dark Souls

I've got Iron Flesh, I'm going to have to get my hands on some magic greatbows or Great Heavy Soul Arrows then I guess? You have to kill more than four kings dont you?

I dont want to cheaply kill anything, I heard you could get cheap kills on the hyrda in the ash lake by running past it and back again and it dies... But I manned up and fought it relentlessly for about four hours across two evenings dying a bunch of times until I eventually pasted it. Then i found those maneater shells to be a huge bastard and had to run past them!

I had loads of trouble with Smough and Ornstein, but had an NPC and a plahyer help me beat them in the end... What the Bed of Chaos?)

Bed of Chaos is the final boss in Lost Izalith. You need to kill it to get one of the Lord Souls. Really annoying.

Another way to beat Four Kings is put on the heaviest armor you got (I run around in Havel's Armor now) and get up in each one's face and go all out on damage.

It's not really cheap to use Iron Flesh on the Four Kings, since it has downsides. Trust me, it's a huge, huge help for that battle. Use Iron Flesh, throw fire at them (firewhip or combustion work well), wear heavy armor, and two hand your weapon.

And hydra wasn't that hard for me, though I had some powerful weapons (+10 zwei or halberd) when I went against it.

Fourkings seem to spawn pretty far away from where you start out in the abyss. Is my running speed not going to be a problem? They attack with magic which is heavily damaging and pierces most defences, so I guess all the defensive help you can legitimately get your hands on is needed.

The last time I fought them with medium armour, two handed. Tried to dodge attacks (but they had a large attack radius) run away and heal after killing a king, and then go back in two handed for the next one but before I knew it there were 2 of them to contend with and I got nailed. I'll try your recommendation to beat them either tonight or tomorrow, as I really want to progress in the game past my current state! I'm depressed with grinding!

The thing with Four Kings is they can more or less hit you anywhere at any time. And they'll more or less come to you. So you want to keep your defense up so that their attacks are like pea shots.

If all else fails in any boss, get a crystal ring shield. It's the cheapest thing in the game, by far.

Longo_2_guns said:
Just letting you guys know that if you have a Japanese PSN account, you can get four Dark Souls dynamic themes for free.

They're pretty awesome. Me? I use Princess Guard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Cww_MWiWw
Cool story bro, but I'm using the MuiMui house theme, and spamming "mui" on the key-tone is just too much fun.

I do still need to make a Japanese account, though.

So Dark Souls is only 39.99 right now at Best Buy and Amazon. I might have to pick it up. Does the story take place in the same universe as Demon's Souls?

I have heard people say it's harder than Demon's Souls but more in a "let's try and make this harder and be irritating" kind of way. Like it's cheap difficulty. I've also heard people say it basically feels like DLC for Demon's Souls...And ppl who loved Demon's Souls hated Dark Souls...

Who wants to tell me otherwise?

It's otherwise. There are a few cheap parts to it, but really nothing major. And it's a pretty damn big overhaul. Many more weapons, many more playstyles, more bosses, more ways to play. It's a sequel, through and through.

Awesome! Stoked to hear there's more items. Right now my biggest gripe about Demon's Souls is the lack of armour for me. Did just vet the...crescent falchion is it? From behind the dual wielding black skeleton knight in 5-1. Using.it over my Halberd.

Anyways, I may head to Best Buy tonight. I've heard horror stories about Bed of Chaos.

Bed of Chaos is a gimmick boss gone wrong. It's really not as much hard as it is annoying.

And the Crescent Falchion is a very good weapon in Demon's Souls. It does high damage and scales well to magic.

Honestly, for me at least, the bonfires made Dark Souls a lot easier than Demon's Souls. If you die in Dark Souls, you just get reset back to your last bonfire which usually is only like 30 minutes away max, compared to having to start each place over again in Demon's Souls - minus shortcuts obviously.

And yeah, it took me like 6 runs from the Chaos Witch chick to the Bed Of Chaos (using the shortcut) to finally get through it. Super annoying, at least it's nice enough to keep your progress from earlier attempts.

Hell no, you won't regret it. I'm not sure what turns people off to this game. None of my friends like it. I became obsessed over it. Sure it's relatively hard, but do you really want a newly purchased game that you can breeze through in a few days?

Despite not finishing it, it's one of the more rewarding difficult games out there. In other games you feel bad ass because you're all powerful. In DS, you feel bad ass because you just killed something that was all powerful.

Pretty much. While the game is almost never unfair, you're also almost never at an advantage, even against the most peonic of enemies. Each hit you take actually hurts you and continues to hurt you, even a tiny tap from a rat.

Anyway, I'm playing through again as Inferno, God of Fire. So I'm doing fire weapons and pyromancy. I've already got a flame to ascended +5 and am using a +5 fire scimitar. Debating whether to do Chaos +5 or Fire +10.

Quelaag and Ceaseless Discharge were like rubbing my face against a brick wall. But I already unlocked the Chaos Servant shortcut and plan to just cut straight to Bed of Chaos.

Also, everyone should watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-62fhmWDkx8

It's fucking awesome. Watch it. Now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod