You must won 20 million in cash, which charity gets it?

lol,

No taxes. Which charities get your cash, you generous, kind soul? Here's the breakdown for me:

$5m to AIDS research
$5m to Cancer research
$10 into a scholarship fund

The first two are obviously those "oh yeah, you gotta donate to that" things, but that last one is for making a difference in a more personal way. Kids... are smart. Everyone needs opportunity.

God bless.

If I got twenty million dollars and I HAD to get rid of all of it through charity donation...

I'd probably donate $10 million to cancer research.

$5 million would go toward education scholarships and I think the final $5 million would go towards the Child's Play charity.

Neighborhood I grew up in.
Organizations I participated, in and out of school.
Drug Rehab programs
Few political orgs (emily's list, Green party, KPFA, wikileaks, amensty intl., etc)
--I'd probably spend a decent amount spending supporting openly atheist politicians
That sounds about it.

$15m to the neonatal intensive care unit my daughter was at. (If they felt like throwing up a medium-sized statue of me, I wouldn't complain).
$5m to March of Dimes.

$10mil make-a-wish
$5mil mcdonalds house
$3mil Salvos
$2mil to go into a fake charity, to go into my bank account. Start working out, build a replica batmobile (the one from TDKR) and practice my batman voice, pay actors to dress up like villains, randomly smash through windows in sydney childrens hospital and punch the joker in the face, tell the kid to get in the car and go get gelato.
Also build a (quasi-)working Iron Man suit, but let's be honest, that's mostly for me.

My first thoughts would be to invest most of it in a few different ways, including your standard bank savings, new businesses, and microinvestments.

Whatever money can be made through that would be used to continually fund things like health care-related needs, every so often. Things that people might need over time, which might be procedures, or programs, or something like that. Scholarships might be a good idea, but I would personally have to be in charge of it, which would take up a considerable amount of time, I think.

Single donations would go to a few local institutions, including schools, hospitals, shelters, community centres, etc. with the hope of them becoming better equipped and more efficient.

I don't know if this will end up being a lot of money (I'm not going to do the calculations), but I really want to balance the effects of doing something immediately versus giving money to investments for long term projects (including medical research), and being able to do these things into the future.

I'm avoiding donating to things like "cancer research", because it's a huge area that gets shoved under this umbrella term. I would prefer to donate to specific things -- for example, if I knew that they really needed more centrifuges.

If I had trillions of dollars, though, I would fuck up the media and political systems, hardcore. ...But in a good way. A fairer way. I'm a good person, I promise.