Yay work.

GRColin

Rookie
So heading into the Holiday season at Netflix things get pretty hectic and chaotic. To keep morale up our management spent thousands of dollars on a nice meal today for the entire call center, about 400 people, that consisted of catered food - garlic mashed potatoes, deserts, chicken filled with stuffing, green peppers, cheese, pork tenderloin, various dinner rolls.

But to top it all off every employee also received a Roku box.

http://www.roku.com/sf404.aspx?404;http ... u-products

I'm pretty happy about that and it's things like this that make me realize Netflix really isn't that bad of a place to work - And with any luck I'll get a promotion int he next few months and get off the damn phones finally. If all my supervisors stop getting fired anyways.'

Did you know a sup 3 at Netflix makes around 65k a year?

Yes, we get it, you like Netflix.

I have a job rehabilitating sexual deviants but you don't hear me bragging about it.

Longo_2_guns said:
I have a job rehabilitating sexual deviants but you don't hear me bragging about it.
Which is a shame, because most of us would actually be interested in that.

I've never understood how Netflix is succesful. After all, it's easier to simply torrent.
You download a free program, install it, then just click on a single link on any of the thousands of websites.
A couple minutes later, you double click on the movie and watch it. For free.

Netflix isn't ad supported, is it?
The only way i can understand it succeeding is if it was and had a monthly fee of like $20 for unlimited 1080p movies downloading at a gaurenteed max speed that your service can do, allowing them to stay indefinately on your hard drive to be watched unlimited times.

That i would actually pay for.
If it were avaliable in this country.

^because some people in life understand what work is. You don't. And Oz sucks.

Sounds sort of like my job Leathen, sucks sometimes, but they do nice things occasionally. I sell produce to semi-rich and rich psychopathic people who, despite telling them 6 times why peaches aren't available in december, still ask for them.

Or take a bite out of X fruit and leave it on top of the rest of the display.

Or stick gum in the display.

Or grab an empty container from the salad bar and walk around the store emptying the sample trays of fruit and cheese into and leave with it.

Yes Longo, you charmer you, I was trying to brag about my job and mention I work for Netflix at a call center. Call center work is just the coolest thing to do at 27 you know? Actually I was just surprised and happy they did that for us you butt pirate.

Eyebrows....I'm sorry :(. Semi rich/Rich ppl are the worst when they don't get their way. Like fucking babies crying over not having their toy.

Oh and how is the Roku box like Longo's penis?

It's cheap and only an inch tall!

I love you too Lethean.

Though to be honest, I feel extremely sorry for anyone who has to deal with stupid people all the time, because half the goddamn world is stupid and the only people who ever have problems are the stupid ones.

So yeah, I'm sorry Lethean. If I make a lot of money, I'll get you a job that isn't at a call center. But considering I first need to get myself a job, don't hold your breath. Although, my offer's about as realistic as any other job in this market, amirite?

I'm actually very jealous. Most companies have kicked their holiday spending to the curb. But I would fight you for your Roku...literal fisticuffs.

Eyebrows, I'm guessing that you work in organic foods? If so, worst industry for clients/customers ever! Rich people are, in fact, some of the cheapest people I know. I could go on, but would rather not.

That is also why they are rich methinks...

and yeah, I teach kids with autism so i'm always busy, and tired. Why do you think I don't write much anymore?

I do love that this is one of the few Netflix related topics where he's not pimping the service itself and yet he's getting the most backlash.

Chris_Crime said:
Blockbuster.com Because those other guys are super faggots!®
lol

laughing0.gif

Wait.... I like Netflix. Doesn't Blockbuster edit their films or only accept edited movies before releasing them?

Haha seriously Bret!

And I know you were just kidding Longo!

Chris, Blockbuster us great for new releases the day they come out on DVD. If I can't wait and need it the day it comes out or the week it comes out though, it's likely a movie I'd buy. This really isn't about that though. I was just happy they got us all Roku boxes :).

Yeah my shit call centre job gave us a christmas bonus as well, mandatory overtime! they gave it to us with two weeks notice, successfully ruining everyones holiday plans

But to those of you thinking it's a douche move, a week later after everyone had to redo christmas plans, they removed mandatory overtime and put everyone on reduced hours! it's a christmas miracle, first the people were excited and joyus, than bitter and angry at being over worked, now we're all going to be alone this xmas wondering about job security, merry christmas everybody!

still it's cool you work for a decent company that's large enough to offer christmas bonuses. when I worked for a small little company called apple, we never got fuck all for christmas.. shit I take that back, we got t-shirts once.. to celebrate a new logging tool that efficiently removed any possibility of completing a troubleshooting ticket within 30 minutes

fuck I come off as a bitter asshole...

Yeah we had to do mandatory overtime last year. Now it's voluntary thank God. I hated that crap.

Eyebrows who are you talking to and what are you talking about? ^_~

NO ONE! YOUR QQ ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO DELETE INSTANT WATCH HISTORY WAS IGNORED!

J/k. It was scheduled around breaks :p.

I just got a Christmas card from my job...

But then again, it's just a part time residence hall job that's super easy so no biggie.

Lethean said:
Yeah we had to do mandatory overtime last year. Now it's voluntary thank God. I hated that crap.

Eyebrows who are you talking to and what are you talking about? ^_~

inspect icepick.

Question time: Do I:

A) start applying for graduate school
B) Give up on college after I get my BA, focus on advancing in the organic foods business.
C) Get a second BA in Anthropology