Why in the hell..

madster111

Rookie
Can i not say 'bitch' in my damn Blog?
or on the forums for that matter!

Don't know about you, but i'm starting to get pissed off with ''Shit'' being on a FRONT PAGE REVIEW (on Hulk..one of the MOST kid attracting games on EARTH), yet i cannot say 'Bitch' in my damn Blog Which the little kiddies probably don't even know existed.

I mean, come on, i can say Shit in the comment on my Blog, but not the actual thing, nor the forums where the youngest member is 12 and has Xbox Live?

Piss off.
That's pure Bullshit. (<- lol, censor cheating)

Fix this before i have to have a swearfest on Xbox Live with an 11 year old and record it just to show GR that the G rating on earth has fuckest itselfest out the window.

I agree with you man, and ultimately what's the problem there? Kids go out and get someone over the age of 17 to get them GTA 4, they've played Call of Duty, they know what swear words are. Why can't we type them? No kids read forums, let us say things like fuckle without the le.

To be quite honest you aptly demonstrated why I've kept the word censors here in your first post. I don't care if people occasionally swear to get their point across, if you read my latest blog (and the one before that) you'll see I swore a fair amount in emphasis. The thing is there are plenty of posters who would swear rather arbitrarily as a substitute for exercising the part of their vocabulary which deals with polysyllabic words and I choose not to indulge them in their endeavour.

As for Duke's reasons for keeping censors in certain areas, I have no idea.

Sam

maca2kx said:
To be quite honest you aptly demonstrated why I've kept the word censors here in your first post.
Yet if you go back and note what i said, i wasn't swearing over it excessively.
I think it's fair to call it bullshit when the friggin Hulk review has 'shit' in it, yet i cannot even say 'bitch' in my Blog.

I don't swear excessively unless i am trying to get a point across.
Thus if i swore alot, you would see more words being auto-edited than there is because i never bother to find a work around, but when something so trivial as 'Bitch' gets edited out of a BLOG, yet 'shit' is allowed on the HULK REVIEW, that's when i start to whip open the old swear-a-pedia to emphasis my point of being just slightly pissed off.

I don't tend to swear on forums either unless it's to get my point across. But when the word you use shows up as something like s*** then the point, in my mind, has not gotten across to anyone because it had been censored. I'm sure that there are reasons but I would like the freedom to say certain words that by today's standards aren't even that bad anymore.

What part do you not get?

Let me break it down for you: It's more likely censored at this point in time not to maintain a "G" rated atmosphere, but the forum members are not hired staff members. They can be any random person. It's a lot more likely someone will abuse the "privilege" (it's only a swear word, doubt it's a privilege to say them) on the forums and sear excessively, and then argue it wasn't excessive (much like you did), than a paid GR reviewer will.

Besides, given how often the moderators have gotten after you, I don't think you're in a position to be trash talking the boards and how the administrators have the site set up.

At least, those are my baseless assumptions on the matter.

madster111 said:
Can i not say 'b****' in my damn Blog?
or on the forums for that matter!

Don't know about you, but i'm starting to get pissed off with ''s***'' being on a FRONT PAGE REVIEW (on Hulk..one of the MOST kid attracting games on EARTH), yet i cannot say 'b****' in my damn Blog Which the little kiddies probably don't even know existed.

I mean, come on, i can say s*** in the comment on my Blog, but not the actual thing, nor the forums where the youngest member is 12 and has Xbox Live?

Piss off.
That's pure Bullshit. (<- lol, censor cheating)

Fix this before i have to have a swearfest on Xbox Live with an 11 year old and record it just to show GR that the G rating on earth has fuckest itselfest out the window.
Whooh,whooh!Theres a 12 year old on this forum?When did that happen?

LetheanDreams said:
Let me break it down for you: It's more likely censored at this point in time not to maintain a "G" rated atmosphere, but the forums are not hired staff members. They can be any random person. It's a lot more likely someone will abuse the "privilege" (it's only a swear word, doubt it's a privilege to say them) on the forums and sear excessively, and then argue it wasn't excessive (much like you did), than a paid GR reviewer will.
madster111 said:
I mean, come on, i can say s*** in the comment on my Blog, but not the actual thing, nor the forums where the youngest member is 12 and has Xbox Live?
Then lets point this out AGAIN for something you didn't understand...
madster111 said:
Don't know about you, but i'm starting to get pissed off with ''s***'' being on a FRONT PAGE REVIEW (on Hulk..one of the MOST kid attracting games on EARTH), yet i cannot say 'b****' in my damn Blog Which the little kiddies probably don't even know existed.

BTW, if you call quoting words from the main site which i am SURE gets more visits from kids than the forums "excessive", you need to go play an online Halo/Bad Company online for an hour or so.

I don't think you understand what he's saying. It's so people don't see " Fuck you, you shit fucking motherfucker bitch shitter fucking fucker motherbitchfucker asshole fuck" all the time.

Exactly what Longo said.

I think you're pretty slow Madster if you can't figure out what I was saying. Basically: Forum goers cannot be trusted not to swear in excess. It isn't the odd swearword, it's people who would seek to abuse it. (That's my opinion anyways. Like I said, dUKE may have other reasons.)

the rationale is to protect us from idiotic 10-year-olds, not to protect them from us. that said, maybe we should rethink the filters. i'll talk to the guys about it.

I'm glad that the censors recently switched from "***" and "*****" to "s***" and "b****" (now they have letters). So now, the point still gets across and the meaning of entire sentences aren't destroyed.

Longo_2_guns said:
I don't think you understand what he's saying. It's so people don't see " f*** you, you s*** f****** motherf***** b**** s***ter f****** f***** f***** asshole f***" all the time.
And how often would that come up in anything other than this topic, and how would it go with the GR super mods?

..Maybe we could implement something into vBulletin that switches censors on/off depending on post count? (stop 100-200 post 12 year olds from abusing the filter, while allowing the more GR experienced users free reign to use it when necessary?)

Oh, and the point was mainly the Blog..
as i was saying, why can a front page review swear, while i cannot do it in my Blog, yet i can swear in my Blogs comment section?
that makes NO sense at all..
Seriously.

How many little kids are going to be paying sixty bucks for their very own copy of The Incredible Hulk and are looking at GR for advice on whether or not it's truly worth that money they don't have? (Or, at least, I'd never have had as a kid.) So, I think kids are going to be safe for another day from being horribly tortured by naughty alternate words for poopy.

And about censoring, my favorite kind of censoring wouldn't be just blanking out the word with stars, but rather replacing the world entirely with a friendly alternative. So instead of bitch, we get doggy, and instead of uncle fucker, we get banana.
But, that's just a distant dream for a perfect world. :cry:

Yokiro said:
How many little kids are going to be paying sixty bucks for their very own copy of The Incredible Hulk and are looking at GR for advice on whether or not it's truly worth that money they don't have? (Or, at least, I'd never have had as a kid.) So, I think kids are going to be safe for another day from being horribly tortured by naughty alternate words for poopy.

And about censoring, my favorite kind of censoring wouldn't be just blanking out the word with stars, but rather replacing the world entirely with a friendly alternative. So instead of b****, we get doggy, and instead of uncle f*****, we get banana.
But, that's just a distant dream for a perfect world. :cry:
That's what it used to be like, and we got sentences like "icepick is a stupid banana"
do you REALLY want something like that?
if so, we should all murder you can pin it on someone/thing else

Besides, if that ever happened again, i'm sure about 70% of GR users would go emo and start visiting 4chan, which is something no human should EVER be subjected to.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle