Why are they doing an 80s themed GH?

svenhoek

Rookie
I think its pretty much agreed by everyone 80s rock sucked balls. Big ones. Why arent they doing a 60s-70s rock expansion? There are far better kicks to be had from that era. Since GH1 came out ive longed for the day i could play Stairway to Heaven and again Harmonix has betrayed me!

In a game focusing entirely on guitar masturbation, why not focus on a period of music that did just that?

Its certainly not agreed by everyone that 80's rock sucked balls by the way, in fact a lot of current rock music is reminiscant of 80's rock.

Of course SOME good stuff came out of the 80s, but its common knowledge the golden age of rock and roll was in the 60s and into the 70s, and in a game like Guitar Hero thats what really counts. Im sorry but in terms of what i would want to play:

Rolling Stones, Doors, Zepplin, and The Who > Twisted Sister, Poison, Skid Row, and Guns and Roses

There is no comparison. Anyone i know would say that it would be fun to play the 80s stuff on GH, but they instantly would say that it would rock so much harder to play the good stuff. And in GH rocking is the whole point.

Edit: And Grey, thats why all the new music ive heard next to Wolfmother and RHCP is crap IMO.

No.

No it isnt.

But on a message board the point is to express your opinion. If you like ill end all my post with

IMO

I think you should post it in annoying .gif format depciting the words "In my opinion!" in sparkly text ala MySpace "thanks for add!" whores. :)

grandmagoodtimes said:
The 80's was possibly the time of greatest musical advancement for mankind. This is not my opinion, this is fact.

I read that too.... In a book :roll: ..duh

If you go to GIT, you'll be beat around the head with it as fact. (80's being a huge advancement in guitar playing that is, not a guitar hero controller) Of course they'll also beat you round the head if you try to revive the fashion that accompanied it.

I don't really see what the problem is. If the creators of Guitar Hero believe that an 80s themed installment will sell, then they'll do it. It's not for everyone, but I think there is more than enough people that like 80s rock to have a semi-spin-off like this succeed. And if this sells well, then it's likely we'll see a 70s and 60s rock version as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod