What Are You Playing - Retro Edition!

Yes that's the one... I spent so much time on that when I was younger. One of the only games I remember full on Raging about. Broke a tv because I kicked the stand it was sitting on.

Ah yes good times.

My brave trio left the town, pockets full of stolen goods. They went by slaughtering and pillaging every farm and house on their way. Night came just as they arrived some poisonous swamp and they were attacked by a feroucious pack of wolves. They fought hard, but the fight was too tough for one of the members. Spark, a 14 year old boy whose fathers murder the trio was on their way to solve. Gladly when the survivors entered the town Britain, they met an old friend Sentri who was more than ready to join their adventure and the fellowship was trio again. We will do it for you Spark!

-----

I'm enjoying Ultima 7 a lot. I find myself lost and feeling like I'm playing the game wrong often because of how open the game is, but it has given me a great sense of wonder when I discover new things.

I was playing Star Fox 64 and forgot about The Blue Marine.
A0Q5O2hCUAEhGo5.jpg

I've been playing Demon's Crest. It has really good visuals, music and the gameplay is really solid in the vein of Castlevania and Metroid, collecting upgrades to get further in the levels.

Spider-man and the X-Men

Spider-man and Wolverine's stages are fun. The others are so tough. Cool that there's so many different play styles though.

It was like $4 on eBay from a seller I was buying Super Empire Strikes Back from so I was like, fuck it I'll bite. Then I get it home and almost had a heart attack because it's a game I was thinking about but couldn't remember the title or even the system. I just recall playing it in my childhood and then I boot it up yesterday and was like holy shit holy shit holy shit I remember the entire first level where you play Spider-man using his spider sense to collect the whatevers and unlock the door. I remember it exactly.

Huge unexpected nostalgia rush.

Breath of Fire

I thought I should play it though, for the first time, even if I don't have to and it's not as good. Allegedly.

This game is annoying. Haha. The battle windows bug me, I hate not knowing what so many of my items or moves do, and I am reminded of impossible battles. I hate battles that you are supposed to lose, but are also perfectly playable until forever. I don't really mind plot battles, but don't tease me about them! If I'm meant to lose, make sure it actually happens. I wasted far too much time on something that should've and could've lasted about twenty seconds. I was talking to hayden in GRchat about such fights, which he reckons started being a thing in SNES games. Devilish.

So, thus far, I've survived an earthquake, ghostbusted a castle, destroyed an entire city, defeated some zombie wizard, revitalized a bird King, and now I want to make a man make me a saw, so that I can cut down trees, because fuck the environment.

I will be playing the sequel at some point in time. There's no way I could convince myself to play a sequel without playing the original, though, so here I am. Just the way it is! I'm sure I'll appreciate all the improvements everyone tells me they made in the second one.

Link's Awakening

Probably my favorite Zelda game. So many references to other Nintendo games and very fluid gameplay for a Game Boy game.

Affen said:
Link's Awakening

Probably my favorite Zelda game. So many references to other Nintendo games and very fluid gameplay for a Game Boy game.
You my bro. My favorite as well. every now and then I pop in the DX version when I'm bored.

I plugged my copy of Pokemon Blue back in the other day, entirely to enjoy the MissingNo trick and enjoy a few more Rare Candies and Proteins and such. Still haven't leveled up my Mew to 100 (been trying to avoid Rare Candy-ing him all the way up, want him as strong as possible... only got him to around level 50 so far.

How is DK2? I never got into part 2 or 3, but i destroyed DK one. I even found a glitch, called Nintendo (nerd!) and informed them about it.

the glitch gave DK chrome skin, and you can do it on the first level.

I like DKC2 the best out of the three. It introduces Dixie, which is flippin' awesome, and I guess I like the feeling of controlling two more agile monkeys, in comparison to DK or weirdslowbaby. The animal friends are cooler and do more/are more useful, too.

DKC3 is great, but I don't enjoy actually playing it as much. Definitely looks a little nicer than the first one.

I know we say this all the time, but it's still crazy weird that when I start playing a game I haven't played in ages, I have memories in the secret dark cupboards of my brain that know where bonus secrets are. Sometimes it's a combination of factual knowledge and secret-finding skills, and also gameplay hints (e.g., oh look, a barrel). So much fun.

I found a bunch of barrels from simply falling to my death. Mistiming a jump or a barrel shot, noticing a random barrel out from the corner of the screen on my descent. But there's this one hidden room on DKC1 where you have to ride a metal barrel across the entire stage and then back again to break open a door. I wouldn't have found that one without that strategy guide.
:( I'd do anything for a great 2D platformer on current consoles not named Rayman

Sightless said:
Breath of Fire

It's such a great game, although I haven't played it since i was younger so I'm sure the charm isn't quite there anymore. BoF 1 and 2 are the only two in the series that are direct sequels. The rest are largely unrelated with some recurring themes (think FF games). It's a great series though.

I booted up some Earthbound the other day.

Earthbound-Wallpapaer-earthbound-mother-538431_1280_1024.jpg

Breath of Fire is annoying. Ha. But yeah, I was playing it because I knew it's related to BoF 2. I have seen some Dragon Quarter, which is woah.

Earthbouuund. Always makes me excited. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod