Wearing purple for spirit day

WickedLiquid

Regular
Today, over 6 million people are wearing purple to honor 6 gay boys who commited suicide due to homophobic abuse in their homes and at school. October the 20th has been declared Spirit Day. You can check the facebook group for more info.

So wear a bit of purple today and show your support!

I have a nice, purple button up shirt in my closet - I don't need any gay bashing to be done for me to want to wear it!

I wore blue and red, does that count?

And Longo doesn't mean this. You all know he loves us!

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
I thought it was pink for breast cancer. Titties or gays...hand in hand?

ill get pink pants and purple shirts!

That's the... er... spirit...

Yes, we all like to joke about those crazy homosexuals. But the reailty is that kids who are gay have been tormented to the point of suicide. Bullying is a pretty serious issue, I can't imagine how rough it is for kids these days who are in the cell phone/facebook era where kids can get ridiculed not just at school, but now online.

Even kids who aren't gay are bullied because people think they're gay, it's crazy.

Yeah I know all about it first hand, it is some pretty big bullshit and it seems most common in the U.S and Canada.

I also don't own anything purple, but I did notice quite a few people today decked out in purple. I just didn't think anything of it since there are lot of crazy artsy people in Montreal.

6 gay boys who killed themselves. THAT'S THE SPIRIT!! - what a gay name for a da- OH i see.

Lethean said:
Yeah I know all about it first hand, it is some pretty big bullshit and it seems most common in the U.S and Canada.

For sure, and kids just don't understand that high school doesn't last forever. When I was in high school I never thought about life afterwards, I just felt like I would be young forever.

But high school is only four years of your life, FOUR YEARS! There is another 60-80 years to enjoy afterwards. And life gets better because you're not tormented by a bunch of assholes every day of the year. And kids just don't understand that, they either kill themselves or they pull a Columbine and shoot up their school :(

Oh yeah, I forgot about how a lot of GR posters are still in diapers.

When you get older keepit, you'll realise high school is meaningless and there are bigger and better things out there to experience.

Cyber bullying is hilarious / a fun hobby.

Ok, now that we got that out of the way, the fault for all the recent self ownage should clearly be put on violent video games. Kids should not have the ability to kill themselves in video games. It just encourages them to bring that into the real world.

WickedLiquid said:
Oh yeah, I forgot about how a lot of GR posters are still in diapers.

When you get older keepit, you'll realise high school is meaningless and there are bigger and better things out there to experience.
This, keepit.

I didn't know about this day or i would have worn some purple.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod