Wanna review for GameRevolution?

It's almost Fall. This time of year is crazy with releases, as you know, and we need reviewers!

Have you reviewed any games before? On GR? Professionally?
Can you handle deadlines?
Have you given blood and if you have, are you prepared to give more to our Senior Ninja Editor?

Direct message me with your answers, qualifications, links to writing samples, any pitch at all.

Oh man, I would love to but I am totally underqualified.

Unless you count my GR reviews...some with OVER 7000 VIEWS!

Consider that my application ;)

In all seriousness, I would love to see a community member rise up to contribute to the website.

Guess who?

script-professor.jpg

I'd try, but I get games after the curve and the only ones I get on release date are ones that everyone also grabs so I have no edge. :(

You know what - why not. I'll give it a spin.

I've actually always been kind of interested, but I don't think my writing style lends itself to reviews very well.

Thanks for the PM Ting. There'll be a reply in your inbox shortly.
UrbanMasque said:
I'd try, but I get games after the curve and the only ones I get on release date are ones that everyone also grabs so I have no edge. :(
You know what - why not. I'll give it a spin.
The beautiful thing is you'll have the game before anyone else! That'll give you all the edge in the world!
Seriously though, Reviewing games is not about skill whatsoever. Sure, you have to be competent enough to grasp the mechanics and think about them critically, but c'mon.... I review games and I have zero competitive skill. I'll send you a PM shortly.
Green_Lantern said:
I've actually always been kind of interested, but I don't think my writing style lends itself to reviews very well.
What is your writing style? Technical? B2B? While yes, some folks simply won't have the writing ability to make it work, others can learn the skills they are lacking in. Style comes second to things I mentioned above, the competency to grasp controls and mechanics and think about them critically. My biggest requirement is meeting a deadline. That's another hurdle that a lot of people may struggle with. If you are interested and want to try a no-pressure "see how it turns out" review, we can work that out. That's what everyone will start on, truly.
Longo_2_guns said:
Can I wait to apply until after school starts?
Yes, absolutely. Your bay area residence is actually a huge plus so just let me know.

As a programmer I have lost a lot of my ability to creatively write.(I'm a network engineer major now)

I would simply list the pluses and minuses to a game in a very uncreative, to the point, format.

I doubt that is what GR wants to see :lol:

C'mon, Sourdeez. If optimism is less than or equal to 0, then boot file confidence.win and goto 10.

De-Ting said:
C'mon, Sourdeez. If optimism is less than or equal to 0, then boot file confidence.win and goto 10.

De-ting I love you in a bro way. If this forum had a point system I would give them to you.

Sure. Maybe I'll try to write a review for EQ next.

danielrbischoff said:
if you are interested and want to try a no-pressure "see how it turns out" review, we can work that out. That's what everyone will start on, truly.
I wouldn't mind that as a tryout.

danielrbischoff said:
Green_Lantern said:
What is your writing style? Technical? B2B? While yes, some folks simply won't have the writing ability to make it work, others can learn the skills they are lacking in. Style comes second to things I mentioned above, the competency to grasp controls and mechanics and think about them critically. My biggest requirement is meeting a deadline. That's another hurdle that a lot of people may struggle with. If you are interested and want to try a no-pressure "see how it turns out" review, we can work that out. That's what everyone will start on, truly.

Yeah, I'd say a lot more analytical/dry/technical.....My biggest influence in writing was my no nonsense High School English teacher. I was a state winner in a national essay contest once though!

I wouldn't say that disqualifies you. GR is a different audience, but we can always say "introducing prize-winning author Green_Lantern..."

I was gonna send in an application, but this is the absolute worst time for me. As I mentioned before, I'm both teaching a class and doing my thesis. Literally any other period of time I would be on this like, uh, flies on... honey? Some analogy like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod