Tis the season to go see concerts

WickedLiquid

Regular
So anyone have any tickets to some awesome concerts or music festivals this summer? I actually need some suggestions so lay it on me.

I already saw Soundgarden and Deftones this year and both shows were awesome. Tonight I'll be seeing Trent Reznor's side project How To Destroy Angels along with his smoking hot wife.

I believe The Subways will be playing in my city in the next month, £10 a ticket so may check that out.

Apart from that, nil going on I'm afraid!

Let me know how that Trent thing goes - sounds cool.

For some reason I really wanted to check out the Shinedown/Bush concert that was gonna be near me but don't have the money to go.

Wes said:
Alice in Chains July 15th

Should be a good time!

Man, I heard a new chains song the other day. So... not good. I know that's not the point of seeing them in concert, but still.

WickedLiquid said:
Toronto, why? Gonna come chill?

Some good concerts around your way, plus Canada is getting lax with their weed so -- maybe.

Just needed to know where you were, I wouldn't tell you to go to Bonnaroo now obviously.

danielrbischoff said:
Yo Lo Tengo in May. Wish I was going to see Crystal Castles this weekend too, but it's not in the budget. Damn you live nation.

The only Yo La Tengo song I know is "Let's Save Tony Orlando's House" and I like it so much that I think I should check them out further, but I never do.

used44 said:
danielrbischoff said:
Yo Lo Tengo in May. Wish I was going to see Crystal Castles this weekend too, but it's not in the budget. Damn you live nation.
The only Yo La Tengo song I know is "Let's Save Tony Orlando's House" and I like it so much that I think I should check them out further, but I never do.
My SO is the big fan. Some of their songs are great, others forgettable (at least in my opinion).

MattAY said:
Let me know how that Trent thing goes - sounds cool.

It was pretty cool. 3D visuals that made me go "whoa man" a few times. The visuals felt more like an arthouse project than a band but it was still entertaining.

And urban, come on up buddy. Lots of Canadian hotties here waiting to be charmed by the urbz.

Going to tomorrowworld in atlanta this september. I wasn't even planning on going and dont care much about music festivals but someone got me a ticket so I guess I'm going.

I was at Bonobo last week, and boy oh boy was it amazing. Local Natives at the end of February was also amazing.

Next will probably be Osheaga

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds are playing here at Flow festival in August near my birthday which seems perfect. I'm just not sure if I should opt out for 3 day tickets as there are bands like My Bloody Valentine, Kraftwerk, Of Monsters and Men and Godspeed You! Black Emperor playing on the other days. Might end up with just Nick as the ticket prices are high and the other bands just somewhat interest me. Kraftwerk 3D show sounds damn awesome still.. fuck.

They are labeled as Kraftwerk 3D Show. What I've gathered there's some special background effects accompanying the concert that are viewed with 3d glasses.