The GR PS3 Socom Review

Chris_Crime

Rookie
http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/ps ... frontation

Jesse Costantino, you're right on.

I bought Socom purely out of brand loyalty (well also for the grade A bluetooth headset).

I knew my guys at Zipper Interactive left the Socom series to 989 Studios, oh sorry, Slant Six Games, but I figured with only 7 or so maps and no offline play what could possibly go wrong?

Of course we now know the answer to this question is 'everything.'

I'm still wondering how one could release an online-only game without the online infrastructure in place to play it!? WHat? Isn't... WHat?!
Well that's just begging for a paddling. (and if you've seen the official PlayStation forums, we did--and hard)

Another month in the incubator would've done this game great justice. Socom is a hell of a series to let fall, and it's the diehards day-oners who get the brunt of the abuse.
I'm so sick of the disconnects with Socom that I've went ahead and put it to side until a real patch corrects the problems, but by then Resistance 2 will be eating all of my time (and I've heard Resistance 2 doesn't like to share).

Anyways kudos to you, Jesse. It has to be a dark day for Sony whenever someone can compare one of their few genuine hits to a 989 Studios rehashing, and it fits.

Hell of a bluetooth headset, though!

Yes, I agree with it too. I played the beta and even when it was working right, it wasn't fun to play at all. The game's just boring and clumsy and only for the hardcore Socom+clan play fans.

Yup. It's too bad. Consoles could use a realistic FPS.

Guess we'll all just have to wait for the uber-realistic alien-bashing of Resistance 2.

For just plain Socom fans. Anybody else isn't really going to get into it, and that's what's so great about Socom. The kiddies have been kept away for a long while now. I've gone through it all. The glitches, the code nine, the room booting, the freezing, just about everything Socom can through at me. So these problems don't even remotely amount to the ps2 ones. A little lag versus all of that....I wonder which one I'll prefer more. We differ anyway as I'm pointing towards the opposite direction and found that review just plain trashy, and somewhat for lack of a better word, 'noobish'. But meh, to each his own.

And now I go down for finally making my first post ever with this account. Guess this doesn't count as "Honorable" either. :/

i have to say, i felt bad publishing that review, not that jesse isn't right. it's just that i've hung out with the slant six guys on several occasions with sony. i've even gone out shooting machine guns with them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Eqq32Ys1DE

i really wish their game had been better because they're nice guys.

looks like they've fixed things sever side.

Urge to kill... fading... fading... fading - rising! Fading... fading... but not gone
2vsja78.gif

now if we were to get a free map pack... socom 1 maps, preferably... fading...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo