Forum Moderator
Staff member
screenshot_ps3_spec_ops_the_line004.jpg

GENRE Action 
PLAYERS  
PUBLISHER 2K Games 
DEVELOPER YAGER 
RELEASE DATE 06/26/2012

Spec Ops: The Line is a provocative, cinematic third-person military shooter that challenges players’ own morality by putting them in the middle of unspeakable depravity where brutal life-or-death choices take them on a journey into the heart of darkness.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/preview/spec-ops-the-line
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/spec ... live-12797

Anybody play the demo? It kind of sucks! It's a bit like Bad Company (goofy squadmates!), but plays like Conflict: Desert Storm (junk). The cover mechanic is clunky. The zooming is awkward. The invisible walls are annoying. The exploding heads are unnecessary.

Why did they launch a demo so long before the game was final? Maybe it's all going to be fixed by release.

This demo was awful, the cover and shooting were not smooth at all and that's the meat and potatoes of a FPS, soooooo....

I hate sounding like that gamer, but you made an OT for what looks to be another unimpressive shooter.

Anthony...pshhhh-aw!

Spec Ops demo

I played the "Spec Ops: The Line" demo earlier this year and I enjoyed it.

The 3rd person gameplay was good enough, nothing outstanding. How sand can potentially affect combat situations was kind of interesting, though.

I wonder how the whole "questionable morality" concept will play into the actual game, or if it's just for the sake for a "gritty" storyline.

I just started it. I like it much more than my initial reaction to the demo. I'm only 3 chapters in, so I haven't reached any of the interesting story stuff, really.

One thing I already LOVE is the pacing. I'm playing on Hard (or whatever) difficulty and I haven't had a chance to catch my breath or re-equip. I'm carrying around a weak shotgun and an empty AK-47. That's a really neat design choice for a campaign.

Used, I think that was one of the more engaging parts of the game. THe only times I remembered to use my team mates was when I was out of ammo. I'd set up covering fire and make a run for a gun.

Honestly, there are some clunky pieces to the game and the mechanics don't set it above other shooters, but the story and pacing are amazing.

Longo_2_guns said:
I need to play this game...

So I will. I'm gonna start it up as soon as I'm done with lunch.
I would join you, but I'm playing GoW 2 now. However, still downloaded it, because it's free with PS Plus

I made it to chapter... five? So far, it's pretty interesting. I keep dying due to the silly cover mechanics, though. So that's a pain.

Also, I accidentally hit the trigger on a Mexican stand off in chapter 4 and my allies took it as a cue and shot the guy dead. WHOOPS!

Nothing makes me feel more like a failure than the screen inviting me to try a softer difficulty after I fail the same gunfight five times in a row.

used44 said:
Nothing makes me feel more like a failure than the screen inviting me to try a softer difficulty after I fail the same gunfight five times in a row.

Wait until you get the screen saying "Don't Worry. You are still a nice person."

I finished it recently, and this game probably wins my "What Could Have Been...." prize for this generation. There were some great aspects & moments that could have been the foundation for a landmark game. I apparently didn't find it as difficult as you guys though, except for the big fight at the end.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle