Sega Genesis VS SNES

Discussion in 'Retro Gaming' started by WickedLiquid, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 Hey kiddo!

Oh...I remember the Sega shout.

2. Sightless

Sightless Rookie

As if you even have to ask me. SNES all the way, no questions.

So, I had both an SNES and a Genesis. I played the Genesis more at my dentist's office, because they had Sonic 2 and Aladdin, and the third one I think was always broken? Or maybe it was something I was never interested in. The controls weren't horrible, but I didn't find it as interesting, if that makes any sense.

I never owned too many games for the Genesis. I had the Sonic games, Pebble Beach, and whatever was the Menacer scope thingy games it came with. The packaging was okay, and yes everyone uses it now. However, I still have all of my SNES game boxes in the closet up top, in perfect condition, because they're brilliant games that warrant that kind of attention.

I take out my SNES all the time and play pretty much everything I have for it. The Genesis doesn't get out much, unfortunately. I suppose if I had better games, I might play it more? But also, before the SNES, my family had already become such strong Nintendo fans. Not without reason, right.

One other point to consider about my lesser love for the Genesis is that I grew more attached to the Game Gear, as we were often out and about in the car, so playing sonic games on that was a more common experience.

3. Alex_Osborn

Alex_Osborn Rookie

No contest. SNES hands down. I can't think of a single Genesis game I remember fondly.

4. Trendkill88

Trendkill88 Rookie

Sega Genesis. I had a ton of games on it and they didn't fuck up their version of the first Mortal Kombat. I loved my SNES and still do, I still own both consoles, but my preference was the Sega.

5. Optimus-Crime

Optimus-Crime Rookie

[​IMG]
    I think I'm starting to understand you, Matt.

6. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

^ What the hell is that?

SNES all the way.

Baby.

7. samsmith614

samsmith614 Rookie

My friend had a Genesis. I had an SNES. I always thought I was the smarter one :)