Resident Evil 7 ESRB plot details released

Colin_B

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Rating Summary: This is a survival-horror game in which players assume the role of Ethan, a man searching for his missing wife in a derelict mansion. From a first-person perspective, players explore the environment and use pistols, shotguns, flamethrowers, explosives and chainsaws to kill mutant creatures. Combat is accompanied by realistic gunfire, screams of pain, and exaggerated blood-splatter effects. As players progress through the story, cutscenes can depict instances of gore and intense acts of violence: a character's arm dismembered by a chainsaw; a man's leg taken off at the knee with a shovel; a character impaled through the face with a shovel. Some areas also depict mutilated corpses with exposed organs/viscera. The words “f*kâ€

RE FANS: "Your games now suck and aren't scary anymore!"

RE DEVS: "Let's just do what everyone else is doing then"

Did a bit of research on this one.

Apparently Resident Evil VII is set after the events of Resident Evil 6. Players take control of a character named "Ethan", who lacks the experience and combat expertise of previous characters such as Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield.

The game is set in Louisiana, where Ethan is searching for his missing wife. It is there he stumbles upon an old, rundown mansion, home to the deranged Baker family.

Connections to previous games will be made, but the RE7 will supposedly consist of a brand new cast. Previous characters are unlikely to return.

Since RE7 is played entirely from a first person perspective, a lot of comparison has been made with Konami's cancelled Silent Hill game. Capcom claims that development of RE7 commenced before the release of Silent Hill P.T. It could be assumed this would be the same with Alien: Isolation.

Capcom claims that the reason they stripped the game apart and gone back to a more horror feel is because they felt that Resident Evil had expanded too much. Previously, all the game's threats were in local areas... Resident Evil 1 was in a mansion, Resident Evil 2 and 3 were in Raccoon City, Resident Evil 4 was somewhere in Europe, Resident Evil 5 somewhere in Africa. Resident Evil 6 however, was set across the world with a doomsday epidemic. Capcom decided it would be best to make the threat smaller, closer and pretty much more personal.

RE7 draws further inspiration from one of Capcom's first games, Sweet Home. Sweet Home was released for PC back in 1989 and was a survival horror game about a film crew who are investigating an old mansion, filled with nasty horrors. The first Resident Evil game, released in 1996 for PS1, was inspired by Sweet Home. Sweet Home was released only in Japan and was deemed too violent at the time due to its brutal imagery and graphics.

I'm actually looking forward to Resident Evil VII. Not sure if my partner will be keen on it due to being horror, but we'll see.

Sounds like justification that they're copying everyone else ;)

I reckon me and my grilfriend will get the Sony VR, and this will be one of the first games we buy. It will be fun for both of us that way! :) Because the plot for RE7 just doesn't interest me, it's been done a hundred times.

I was playing RE4 and 5 recently, I have to say I'll miss the cheese a bit. It's sort of become the game's character.

This actually sounds like it'll be pretty good if they've done it properly. 4 and 5 were damn solid games, if they bring it back up to that level of quality but get some more horror going, i'm in.

The move to bring it back to a smaller scale was definitely a good one, we can get more invested in stories if they're finer rather than all over the place.

I'm looking forward to Resident Evil VII, because while it may seem like RE7 is ripping everything else off, Resident Evil needs a serious makeover and this is it. The change hasn't been this drastic since RE4 came out back in 2005.

Resident Evil 4 and 5 were amazing games for their time. I'm impressed with how well RE5 holds up today. My partner and I got it for PS4 and have been playing co-op on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod