Portal empowers woman?

subcalvin

Rookie
Check out this article, it’s well written...but it might be putting a bit much into portal. That’s just my opinion; I do see some of the points of masculine dominance in the fps and all that educated mumbo jumbo.
In literature studies in high school we were taught to interpret many fairy tales in ways that kind of ruined them. Anyone ever read Hansel and Greta, when the witch is keeping Hansel in a cage fattening him up, squeezing his finger every now and then to check if he was fat enough? That wasn’t his finger.

http://www.gamesradar.com/us/xbox360/ga ... 5724980042

i like how she says female characters like lara croft stereotype women in video games...
i hate reading this stuff... well written indeed, but misses the mark.

UrbanMasque said:
well written.

I disagree. The person who wrote that seems to make absurd claims based on the most trivial things. For example he or she wrote that "Chell incinerates the Weighted Companion Cube, symbolizing a mental unburdening from the need for approval from a father figure." How exactly did the writer come to this conclusion? I guess by some extreme stretch you could make a companion cube -> father figure connection, but seriously, wtf? Reminds me of any essay I've ever had to bs in high school.

Edit: and another thing, in the commentary, I'm pretty sure they said they only added hearts to the cube to make it stand out from all the other ones. If it were such a father figure why would it have hearts, anyways? Wouldn't it make more sense to be a mother? Or possibly a husband?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle