Penn and Teller to talk about video game violence tonight!

Lien

Rookie
http://www.gamepolitics.com/2009/07...p-teller-bullshit-tackles-video-game-violence

I think it's safe to say that most of us watch that show. Tonight at 10:00 p.m. Eastern/Pacific, the Episode simply called "Video game". After talking about the myth of orgasm and astrology :D , Penn and teller will be talking about the violence drama concerning video game, and guess who's getting interviewed?
Objection_by_torokun.jpg

Yours truly...
So who's gonna watch it tonight?

Ps:Anyone who will miss it can either watch the episode reruns in the coming week or heck, just Google it online. That how i watch last season...

The show tends to be extremely biased, which is why it's a turn off for me. However, they are usually right, so lets hope they don't screw this up.

Rakon said:
The show tends to be extremely biased, which is why it's a turn off for me. However, they are usually right, so lets hope they don't screw this up.

Well yeah it's biased, in the beginning of each show that say, "that's why _____ is bullsh@t," then for the rest of the show, they try to qualify that position.

To be honest, I don't think Thompson is an idiot. You need to have some brains to make your way through Law school.

I just think he's a fake who thinks he can get famous or rich by lashing out at video games.

Liquid, there are tons of dumb lawyers out there. Just because you have booksmarts doesn't mean you know how to apply them.
When it comes to Thompson, if you read his biography (there are a few different ones online) you'll find out about all the claims he's filed that simply waste the court's time. He must know that he can't win them, so ultimately he really is an idiot for trying.

The episode was awesome, and it has the best ending to any episode of Bullshit in my opinion. If you haven't watched it yet, do so.

Yea, that ending was pretty powerful.

I'm so glad they're are still reasonable parents out there.

They should've asked the Iraq war veteran gamer for his opinion on how VR Killing stacks up to IRL warfare.

WickedLiquid said:
To be honest, I don't think Thompson is an idiot. You need to have some brains to make your way through Law school.

I just think he's a fake who thinks he can get famous or rich by lashing out at video games.

I agree with this. The man is not an idiot, but a cheat who got in way over his head. He tried to become popular by targeting a topic that he did not feel would create such a large backlash and then proceeded to provide his arguments with "evidence" and continuously was proven wrong because he couldn't admit he was wrong. So in the end he looked like an idiot and her clearly made many stupid decisions, but he is not an idiot, per se.

mr-adriano said:
WickedLiquid said:

I agree with this. The man is not an idiot, but a cheat who got in way over his head. He tried to become popular by targeting a topic that he did not feel would create such a large backlash and then proceeded to provide his arguments with "evidence" and continuously was proven wrong because he couldn't admit he was wrong. So in the end he looked like an idiot and her clearly made many stupid decisions, but he is not an idiot, per se.

No, I just think he truly believes it. I mean, it takes balls to be in the minority of a belief you hold true, especially if it's one that puts you in the crosshairs of a group like video gamers. Thompson believes what he says because it's how he views it. I doubt he wants to be famous or well known, I also doubt he will ever admit he was wrong because of his own pride.

LinksOcarina said:
mr-adriano said:
WickedLiquid said:

No, I just think he truly believes it. I mean, it takes balls to be in the minority of a belief you hold true, especially if it's one that puts you in the crosshairs of a group like video gamers. Thompson believes what he says because it's how he views it. I doubt he wants to be famous or well known, I also doubt he will ever admit he was wrong because of his own pride.

Perhaps. The lengths he's gone to is either a testament to how much he values his pride or how batsh*t insane he went to prove his point.

In the end, i felt very sorry for the kid. But it did prove a point: a kid who plays video game 10 hours a day, can't possibly fire a real gun.

Still, the crew will get a call from child services...

I'm sure the lawyers thought about that way ahead of time, so I don't think they will be.

It was OK. The ending was great, but I think they needed more positives about video games and not focus so much on the people slamming them.

Rakon said:
I'm sure the lawyers thought about that way ahead of time, so I don't think they will be.

It was OK. The ending was great, but I think they needed more positives about video games and not focus so much on the people slamming them.

Some games boost your sense of logic, eye hand coordination and even your ability to notice things but not by much. They're not as good for you as many other activities.

As said over and over again, the ending monologue by Penn pretty much summed it up and told people to quit blaming games for their bad parenting/criminals mindset. And the very end, that showed the kid who was allowed to shoot the gun crying because it scared him was perfect. Games don't kill people. Stupid people kill people.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod