Parenting OT

It drives me nuts when one of my kids fall and someone gasps and goes, 'OMG R U ALRITE?!"

Cause the kid will fall and there is that split second where they are stunned and they are like, "Holy shit, what just happened?" And they look to the adult to see what their reaction should be and when they see the shocked face they know it's time to start bawling.

This applies to minor tumbles mostly. When I see them fall I try to play it off and smile to calm them down. My heart jumps in my throat, but I try to not let them see me freaking out because that causes a chain reaction. If they have a boo-boo I kiss it for them and they are usually back off to the races right after that. Works like a charm most of the time.

C_nate said:
Cause the kid will fall and there is that split second where they are stunned and they are like, "Holy shit, what just happened?" And they look to the adult to see what their reaction should be and when they see the shocked face they know it's time to start bawling.
I've heard of this. For a while my cousin would ask say "did the table hit you?" like it was the table or ground or whatever's fault, but then the kid started hitting things "back." So they moved on to laugh and smile.

Can't you just get a leash for your kid and if he or she falls you just pull up on the leash?

And what's the deal with baby food? Oh they think they're so cool with their own food. How pretenious can you get?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle