PachterRevolution

used44 said:
Wow what the fuck are you blathering on about...

Anyway, the complaint isn't about Pachter's merits or GR's choice to write about him – more to do with Alex's decision to watch the PachAttack every Sunday and then stretch it into three or four "articles." It's bizarre.
I'm cool with the Pachter Sunday's it's just writing 3-4 articles about the same subject

Lien said:
Seriously, not even big sites like destructoids and IGN put as much effort into Pachter in the past years as Alex has done in the past few weeks.

I've been reading Destructoid since 2008 and yes they do. It's because the guy is a hack, plain and simple.

And i've been following Pachter as early as 2005 and been following destructoid ever since sterling sang 80's pop song for charity back in 2008. Your point?
I keep telling you there are far worst people then him out there, some that do real damage to the game industry completely oblivious by us gamers rather then the guy who simply talk to investors and share with us what he told them or what he would tell them.

Watching... nerds... like you get overblown by his financial analysis and calling him a hack is ridiculous, seeing Alex do the same and write like 15 over passionate articles on him this month alone is even more and seeing GR feeding everyone all of that sensationalism is worst! This will all just distance ourselves from reality like we don't do that enough around here. Let's just keep him under the "other news" articles like most websites been doing and let's not start a mob mentality over this guy here when the front page is doing it already.

For goodness sake, just have Alex breath in 15 times before writing articles on Pachter, is all i ask!

Lien said:
Watching... nerds... like you get overblown by his financial analysis and calling him a hack is ridiculous

That's cute. Any investors that actually take him seriously need to 1)actually learn about the industry and 2) find a better financial advisor.

Eh, sometimes hes right. Most of the times hes wrong. hes almost always taken out of context.

I am so indifferent at this point I really don't care anymore.

I don't think Alex is sinking that low. I am not picturing the GR staff rubbing their hands and going excellent at every microsoft article. I mean yeah, crave online and all that but this is still a local gaming site. We aren't at the "Babe of the week" level just yet.

What i do believe, is that Alex is trying very hard to preach to the choir while giving us Pachter news... free of charge.

The fact of the matter is that the majority of the Pachter listeners aren't watching GR, Destructoid, Kotaku or whatever. They're old dudes that recognize videogames not by titles and consoles, but by stock symbols like SNE, MSFT, NTDOY, ATVI, EA, etc.

That being said, any financial advisor who is giving you information at no charge has to be making money from his "free advice".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod