ORIGINAL Game Horror Badies/Moments

Eternal Darkness for the Gamecube is an unjustly forgotten horror gem. Very inventive and quite freaky for its time.

It, like, fucked with your save files and turned your tv and volume off. I'd say that's pretty inventive.

Since Silent Hill and Eternal Darnkess have been mentioned, I'll go with Resident Evil.

Scariest part in that game for me was reading the diary of a man who is slowly becoming a zombie. And then after the dairy he bursts out of the closet and you blow his head off.

Since then, the diaries have become a staple in all RE games but that was the first. It hooked the player and worked.

Cheers for all the input guys. Wrote a blog entry on what we've covered in this thread, although the formatting didn't turn out quite as planned.

Well, I mean, the game was trying to bring the character's anxiety to the player by doing things like adjusting the tv's display and messing with save files, etc. So I think that still counts as "fourth wall" breaking. It's not being self-referencial, but it's still aware that it's a game.

If the term isn't right, it's close. I think.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle