Official GR Parenting Topic

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
EVERYBODY ELSE GET THE FUCK OUT

Hey I have some very pointed questions regarding the quality cartoon programming on the Disney Junior channel. Is anyone else forced to watch this dreck for four hours a day? What the fuck is Jungle Junction supposed to be about? Why is Oso an anthropomorphic stuffed bear secret agent instead of just an anthropomorphic bear secret agent? WHY THE STUFFING? Is Henry Hugglemonster the best thing on the channel? (The answer is yes yes yes). Why do all the children on Special Agent Oso have the same exact face?

Important questions, all. Where my parents of toddlers at.

I feel your pain.

My 18 month old has in the past couple weeks started an addiction with "Paw Patrol." I can now safely say I've seen and lived in hell. Watching a Canadian cartoon about first responder dogs on repeat four hours on end.

Once you get a couple years into it you'll start noticing that each channel is just recycling the previous shows scripts and premises.

Also my pain isn't the tv. It's the my daughter loves watching all the absolute garbage that Netflix, hulu and Amazon stream on the iPad.

What is up with Amazon's cartoon options. Just the worst that PBS/Canada has to offer. Netflix has 100x more entertaining fare. They even have Disney's Robin Hood now, which is dad's jam oh yeah. Don't make me sing all the songs.

It was nothing but Disney junior at my house until I did the most awesome parenting possible and bought my 4 year old son Lego Marvel for xmas and successfully got him to love Super heroes. So now its a mixture of Disney with Super hero stuff on Netflix which is much more tolerable then a constant barrage of doc, jake, sofia and mickey.

Part of me wants kids just so I don't have to make up some excuse to watch Regular Show and Adventure Time.

Those aren't actually that bad compared to some of the other stuff on Disney. Wait till they get a little older. My son started watching Dog with a Blog because it has a talking dog and it is just the worst.

Whatever shitty premise they come up with for their tween shows, (a talking dog, living and going to school on a fucking cruise ship, going to a school that doesn't teach you how to read and write, but how to sing and dance) it always boils down to "DOES SO-AND-SO LIKE ME? I HOPE SO...TEEHEE!"

Netflix is your friend though. I was pretty amused when my son found the Mario Show by himself and started watching it, having a nostalgia trip remembering how I used to watch it when I was a kid. Then I became slightly mortified when I realized how old I am getting. yay kids...........

Yeah, looking at it now you can see how bad it was. Hell, even back then it wasn't that great but back in the late 80's, early 90's most animated stuff was a special kind of bad. Kind of had to take what you could get.

The only thing a 6 yr old cares about is that it has Mario in it.

Bretimus_v2 said:
used44 said:
EVERYBODY ELSE GET THE FUCK OUT!

Wicked. You must have kids, human kids. For as used has decreed, it must be so.

But my cat is like a son to me-
used44 said:
GET THE FUCK OUT!

tumblr_mkq6msL7Ly1r1asoxo1_400.gif

My dad is alluding that he wants to have another kid with his new girlfriend. So I really need to make a grandkid pretty soon to keep him from making a mistake that steals my inheritance and that I will have to take care of in 10 years anyway.

Oh wow. How old roughly are they? My uncle was 50 for the birth of his last son. It was a long time before all the kids were adults.

My son has taken to calling me by my proper first name for much of the time he addresses me. It was cute about the first ten times. Now I'm kind of annoyed by it. D'oh.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Oh wow. How old roughly are they? My uncle was 50 for the birth of his last son. It was a long time before all the kids were adults.
Haha, I hope he's just joking about it, but he's 55. I just know that he's in love for the first time since probably when he married my mom, and I know that being that much in love makes you do stupid things. So I sure hope he isn't considering it, but I have a speech prepared just in case.

daverabbit said:
My son has taken to calling me by my proper first name for much of the time he addresses me. It was cute about the first ten times. Now I'm kind of annoyed by it. D'oh.
That is both annoying and adorable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle